The day started off a little rough for the boys. They were forced out of bed against their will by mean ol' me! Nic had a dentist appointment in Dallas at 10 and I was very uncertain of my destination so we left at 9:00. We got there with time to spare but I still needed to get there. I thank God and the inventors of the Garmin Navigation System for their contributions to my successful trips. The crack in Nic's tooth turned out to be a stain of some sort. Better to be safe than sorry though when it comes to his million dollar smile!
After the dentist we made a stop at the Time Warner office to talk about getting phone and cable at the rental house. They are not able to hook us up until Monday but we'll just have to take it and smile. I was not smiling when they gave me a price sheet of the potential charges for the cable boxes that were in the house the night of the fire. If none of them work we will owe over $1000 for the boxes and the modem. Guess we'll find out on Friday what that status really is.
Yes, on Friday we get to see our STUFF! We will get a good idea of what survived, what is MIA and what can not be saved. Since we bought mattresses this past Saturday, the good news is that if nothing else, we will have a place to sleep in the new/rental house. On Thursday we get to see our "soft goods" so we will also have towels and clothes. I am anxious to see how my shoes cleaned up. With Ben's wedding a little more than a week away I need to know if I have brown shoes or if I need to invest time and energy finding new ones. I am also very anxious to what pieces of my scrap space survived. There are a ton of rubber and acrylic stamps unaccounted for and I am hopeful that the restoration people have them and that they are back to new by the time I see them. Shopping for that stuff could be more fun than shoe shopping but some of my stuff is not available any more. Keeping my fingers crossed!
We did finally make it church last evening. We enjoyed the 6:00PM Youth Led mass at St Francis. I didn't know some of the songs but the boys seemed comfortable there. Gotta love a church that says mass the same no matter where you go. There is some level of safety in that. Will was pleased to take advantage of his recent First Communion rights and Nic said the wine here is not too bad. Everyone's a critic huh?
I have made arrangements for the gas and electric at the rental house and gave the mattress store our address. When we went shopping on Saturday neither Fred nor I knew the exact address. Oops! It's not like I don't have enough addresses in my little head already ya know?
OK, I am tired of being in this hotel room. I think we will run to Wal-Mart for the 15th time this week to get important stuff. I may bribe the boys into going to Hobby Lobby with me. I managed to salvage just a few things from the scrap space and I need a 12X12 container for the paper. After that we will go to Best buy to get my new camera. I thought I'd replace my waterlogged camera with the newer version of itself. When we stopped at Best Buy earlier today to get cordless phones for the house I hesitated to buy the camera because I had not read any reviews. Well, I have done the homework and am now ready to buy and start practicing on my loyal subjects. Look for smiling boy shots tomorrow!
Peace all!
4 comments:
Susan, I am sure that this must be a very frustrating time as you try to rebuild your lives. It does sound like everyone is doing okay and making the best of the situation. I am hoping that the wedding you will be attending is a needed break from the grind of your daily life right now.
hey i want to come and go shopping... its not all your money so its got to be good. am i right?
Sounds like some shoe shopping might be on the agenda when you get here???? I know a place with CUTE purple clogs.
Looking forward to your visit in a week! Take care.
Seriously... I don't see there ever being something bad about shopping for shoes but I also have the energy of someone who isn't having to do everything else you're doing... I loves me some shoes.
Post a Comment