So as of this afternoon we are lined up to move into a rental house next Saturday. It will pretty much be a drop and run move in since the boys and I are headed to Indiana the following Tuesday for the wedding of the year, anniversary of the century and some additional family responsibilities and fun! The house is about 15 minutes from our real house which is a bummer. The good news is that I almost have official word that the boys will be OK to attend our neighborhood school as long as I drive them. Guess I'll remain unemployed for now. Slave to my children you know. Some would call that being a woman of leisure and I'll search for some of that leisure stuff just as soon as I have my house redecorated and such!
In other news, I think that I am now an "official" Texan. The boys and I waited in line today for the all important Texas Drivers License. It was worth the wait since there were no tests involved beyond the "read line 5" and "tell me what colors you see along the bottom row." In a brief lapse of synaptic action I blurted out the the first spot was red when it was actually green but I quickly recovered and moved on.
Once I had my license the boys and I headed to the USPS to get the mail and it was full of treats. We got a book from Kirste, a special care-package from Julie and her boys, and a couple of bills. I took the good and the bad and we headed back to the hotel to pick my dad up for lunch. One last meal at Steak N Shake then it was time to decorate my van with new license plates and prep for taking dad to the airport. I got a little nervous as we headed west, traffic ahead was looking messy, but we made it in good time and I took advantage of the heavy traffic on the way home to make a couple of stops before landing back at the hotel.
I am looking forward to just 9 more nights here. It really is a decent place to stay if you find yourself homeless. The pool is indoor, no sunscreen required, the breakfast buffet is plentiful, and the managers reception is just enough of a party to entertain the boys. We are so grateful to the Staybridge Suites and their very friendly staff for taking good care of us and letting us have our dog with us.
Our weekend will be bountiful with some playing and shopping and lounging. We need to find three mattresses and some pillows. We are hoping to get our own linens back next Thursday. The boys need new comforters and all of the pillows were scrapped out so we need to get those things. We will also be shopping/selecting on-line, some items to be used in the rental house. Not knowing the state of some of our goods makes it hard but we will figure it out as best we can.
Off to polish the boys in a shower before we settle in for the night. It is a good feeling to know that we can sleep till noon tomorrow if we want. No contractor to meet at the house, no major project or house hunting to do. Maybe a little shopping, depending on what we can find open, and probably some swimming. I am a bit anxious about fireworks, not sure how the light and noise might make the boys feel. Guess we won't know until we try.
No comments:
Post a Comment