Friday, July 18, 2008

We are here we are here!!!!


We got to Indy yesterday about 6:30ish. We landed at the Priser house, dumped our stuff and said hello real quick. A few minutes later I was back in the car headed to Tipton to see Carolyn, Dave and Mary Sue. The best news was that between point A and point B I stopped at Panera and got my fix. I had not eaten Panera since our drive down to TX and that has been 5 WEEKS! It tasted good!

So today I was in charge of child care while Jen went to help with tables and chairs for the rehearsal dinner. When she got home we putzed for a few then took the kids to the pool. My kids were great and played nicely with the neighbors of Jennifer. Natalie and Landry, not so much. They were tired, I think the boys kept them up too late last night, and it showed. The lasted about an hour then it was time to come home to coolness, lunch and quiet time. In that order. My kids got showers squeezed in too. The house is quiet and I am only slightly damp from playing with Landry poolside. I did not want to expose my healing skin so I didn't put on my suit, just my loose Capri hangout pants. They'll dry...

Fred is on his way from TX as we speak, flying through to wave at our pals in MI. Speaking of the MI girls. I just need to throw a shout out to Kirste, Keri, Cheryl and the Moms Group gang. I so appreciate your kindness to me, two years after I've left MI. Your support, prayers and generosity have meant the world. I am blessed and humbled to call you friends!

One of my goals for this trip is to squeeze in some time to write thank you notes to everyone who has been so generous during our weeks after the fire. It is life altering to go through a trauma like that and the kindness of strangers as well as loyal friends has seen us through. I feel badly that I know that I will miss one or two people, the generosity was tough to track at times, but know that I thank anyone and everyone who took the time to even think about us and help us work back to normal.

The next 36 hours, probably more like 48, will be busy but I will do my best to update and share photos of the fun. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

West Marshall said...

Glad to hear that you made it to your destination safe. Enjoy!!!