Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm very close to the edge



I can feel it, I might fall soon! This orchestrating the move into the rental is proving much more difficult than it should be. We are trying to re-use some of our own stuff but the restoration co. can not commit to having things for us this weekend. In the meantime I am working with the Alternative Living Entity trying to line up rental furniture. Yuck! They can provide a lot for us but it is of course at a cost to our insurance and it's rented. I hate to think about cooking in someone elses pots and baking on baking sheets that must be returned in good shape. There is some pressure to that. In addition if I accept the rental stuff I will be stuck with it for at least two months and possibly three. I am more than willing to start replacing my stuff and a little time is good but I doubt it will take me two months to pick out a couch!

In my attempt to meld some old with some new and some rented I am going to burst. The boys can not seem to agree on decent bedding. Bed Bath and Beyond doesn't carry their awesome sets any more so we have to find a new style. Nic would have it camo or black and grey with skulls. NOT! Will has an opinion but is having a hard time sharing it. I am just about ready to accept the rental stuff and deal with it all later. How bad can the rental stuff be? I think it could be kinda bad. Ugh!

Add to all of this the fact that no one wants to deliver stuff to us on Saturday except the mattress company. Basically we will have some clothes, some linens and mattresses in each room on Saturday Night. We might be better off pitching a tent in the back yard and buying a camping stove. I will have no pots, no pans, no dishes, no TV and no cable until Monday. I won't even start in on being off-line and without a land line phone. Thank God and the person who invented Cellular Phones! Then, let me just throw the house together and pack for our 11 day trip to Indiana in my spare time. We are supposed to leave to head north on Tuesday but I think I'll be lucky to be ready by Wednesday. I don't even know if my luggage is coming clean? Maybe I can just use trash bags... Oh wait, I don't have any trash bags! Add that to the shopping list.

OK I guess you can tell that I really need a trip to Disney World about now! I can only be optimistic so long. I think I may be at the end of my generous rope. Just got off the phone with an insurance rep. he gave us permission/blessing to stay in the hotel for the weekend. he doesn't expect us to stay in a house without furniture. I can appreciate that but on the other hand I just want to start nesting and never leave. Not an option.

Please pray, I can use all the support I can get right now.

3 comments:

Cee_m said...

Praying for you and sending some energy your way. Let us know if there's something we can send you to make things a bit easier.

Katherine Krider Satchwill said...

Susan, Susan, Susan--I know you KNOW it's ok to get to the edge, cause the angels will lift you up! In the meantime, I'm so sending positive energy, lots of hope and love--and so grateful for the upcoming B&A and B&J celebrations that will bring us all together. PLEASE, let us know: Can we bring from kitchens, pantries, linen closets, etc. that if you want, you can take back as replacements or pass along or give away. You KNOW we all have waay more stuff than we need. I'm assuming you're driving, of course :-) It occurs to me now, more than ever, I know you share a very, very special connection with Granny Krider--you are so like her in your soul and strengths and in your love of angels. May her special angels and your own continue to watch over you, your boys and Fred....k.

Jen said...

There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.
- -- Washington Irving

I stole that from my home page, but I thought it fit you to a T. Keep the faith, sista, and know that you have LOTS and LOTS of good vibes coming your way from here and there and everywhere. Mom told me we HAVE to go out next Thursday night. If mom said so, we'd better do it. I say MIDORI SOURS, yes???? See you soon!