That is my summation of today. Mellow. Not without its tasks and responsibility but very doable and not very stressful (except driving on interstate, only led by a computer chip named Jack).
The day started slowly. The boys slept in a little later than usual, but what is usual? Their little bodies are taking advantage of the comfort of a big bed all to ones self with plenty of pillows for any appendage that might need comfort. Will has 7 pillows on his bed and Nic has 4. I can not judge, I have 5 plus the "pretty" one. All for me for just one more night. Fred will come home tomorrow as we move forward on the next step of this journey. Wait, I am getting ahead of myself.
So after we got ourselves moving we grabbed a tank of gas and asked Jack to lead us to Ft. Worth to see some more of our "soft goods" at Gunns Restoration. These folks have worked miracles on some of our stuff but could not save the elephant souvenir from Nic's first trip to the circus or my beautiful crisp white shower curtain I bought last summer when we redid the bathroom in Iowa. They made my Coach briefcase look so beautiful you'd think it was new. They worked MAJOR miracles on some shoes and the BEST news! My shoes that I need for the wedding are in great shape. No shoe shopping required. Sorry Jen... They will go splendidly with my new outfit that I bought yesterday. Yahoo! There are other casualties of the fire but overall we are in GREAT shape. We are blessed.
After we grabbed some essentials for our one night of sleeping at the rental this weekend we headed back to Plano and made an important stop at Wal-mart. Aren't all stops at Wal-Mart important these days? We had been looking and looking for eye glass cases and cleaning cloths and these highly guarded items are only available in the optical department that keeps separate hours than the store. Finally I remembered during "normal" business hours and we are not owners of new cases and cleaning cloths for each boy. Too bad I forgot to pick up the 100 hangers that I was supposed to pick up so I could get our clothes switched over before we move into the house. The wonderful restoration people use wire hangers and I just do not like wire hangers. This is been my little burden since college, such is life. I had to make another trip to Wal-mart in between laundry cycles and not have a task to complete late tonight before I fall into bed.
Once we got glasses cases we went for lunch then headed back to the hotel for a "break" before our very busy social calender fills with dinner with a great neighbor and her daughters. I admit, I kind of invited myself but she was kind enough to take the bait, so we have no one to tip tonight!
After dinner we head back here and I try to make the place presentable for Fred. We pick him up mid-morning and then head to a secret location (that means I have no idea where we are going, but I hope Jack does) to see our furniture and see how it is coming along. I was so impressed with what I saw today that I am optimistic about tomorrow. It is a completely different company and they may not come through for me. Time will tell...
OK, off to get the last load from the dryer then head north. Looking forward to good food, healthy adult conversation and a break from this wonderful suite. Not much more that I need right now...
1 comment:
I'm OK with not shopping for shoes for you... but I don't even know what I'm wearing, so we might go find shoes for ME! This is not at all true, as I refuse to buy shoes (or an outfit for that matter) that I don't need. We'll figure something out.
So awesome about (some of) your stuff. I only hope your furniture works out as well.
Whatever you want to do about staying somewhere. If you don't get here until Thursday, we won't have too much time anyway, so whatever. I'm here or not. Whichever you want me to be. I'm just as, if not MORE, mellow than you... at least these days. I mean, my biggest decision is what time to leave for the pool and if I'm packing water or Coke!!!!
We'll talk before you get here, but in the meantime, have a super duper weekend with your family.
Post a Comment