
No, I am not talking about the actual structure, I am talking about my family of 4 plus the dog and all of the stuff we love and want with us no matter we are living at the moment. We will be moving into the rental house next Saturday and won't know until Friday what portion of our own goods may be useful to us in the future. We have access to rental furniture, kitchen goods, linens etc, but we are really hopeful that our "stuff" will be back in our house soon.
As I sat doing bills last night at a strange desk, on a new computer, in a hotel room, I got a little sad. Our filing system, shredding system, and general processes are out of whack. I wonder how long it will take to rebuild that?
The boys continue to miss things and then turn around and get excited about replacing stuff. We are trying to hold off until we have more space and time. Likely not until after our trip to Indiana later in the month. My mental list is on overload but that is why I bought 100 sheets of notebook paper right?
OK, off to finish my fifth load of laundry. Gotta love Free Hotel Laundry. When daddy gets home from running to work we are off to linner and church. It's about time huh? I am still quite uncomfortable from my sunburn that I got yesterday while at the pool with the neighbors. You would think at 36 I would know my sun limits, guess you and I are both wrong. I am a dope, and now I am a dope in pain.
2 comments:
im sure the boys are having fun with their new wii. i'm thinking about you guys! tell nicholas and will i miss them and i cant wait to see all of you again sometime =)
-megan
Susan,
I was forwarded your blog by a neighbor in Stonelakes. I have read every entry and am continually amazed by your strength, perseverance and positive attitude. The pictures of the house brought out another round of overwhelming emotions for me... seeing the flames from my son's bedroom window, my daughter's bathroom covered with soot and insulation. I remember it as clean and perfect as we left it for the new owners... and I also remember all the wonderful times my family shared there. It is truly a wonderful neighborhood and I hope you are able to return to your real home soon! I pray for your family daily and I can tell by your comments that you are all healing and making positive progress every day. God Bless you all!
Michelle Bowling
maegger71@yahoo.com
Post a Comment