We had a very nice Sunday that included me being a little too attached to watching the 500. I should be a much bigger race fan than I am. It is in my blood really. I have been to the race exactly once in my life (thanks to my Granny who paid for everyone on their 12th birthday year or something like that) and that one time was probably plenty. I REALLY enjoyed the ESPN coverage on the big screen so much better than being there. They have all of these cool cameras on the cars. They can listen in on drivers' conversations and they have instant replay from multiple camera angles. I just don't think that being there would have been too much better. I am certain that many in my extended family would disagree because the weather was gorgeous and the KFC was tasty but I liked sitting in my pajamas until 3:30 local time and watching the race just as much as they did and I didn't need sunblock!
After the race ended I worked on the house a bit. Spent some quality time with the Ikea catalog and Fred merged photos of my new kitchen so that I could plan what would go where before the boxes are even packed at this end. I think some might refer to this as "Traubin" So I did a Krider thing for the first 1/2 of the day and I did the Traub thing the latter 1/2 of the day.
It was pretty hot here yesterday and we enjoyed a nice breeze with lots of windows open but right at bedtime there were some storm warnings and tornadoes had hit some areas in NE Iowa so it took some work to get the boys calm enough to rest. We closed up the house and turned on the AC and that made for better sleeping conditions for all.
Today is another busy day. Fred and the boys just left to go pack up his office in M-town. I am working on getting stuff ready for the charity drop tomorrow. The dog is whining because he didn't get to go with the boys. I should get busy or just enjoy the quiet while I can. Ta ta!
2 comments:
With pete at your feet whining you wouldnt get much resting done... haha
Susan, I envy your ability to watch the race from the comfort of your own home. In Indy, you cannot watch the race until Sunday night, and even then, I think it is edited. It is fun to go and see the people and the cars, but it is NOT fun to sit in traffic and be subjected to LOTS and LOTS of drunk idiots all day long (and I'm NOT talking about the people we sit with!).
Hope you are getting all packed up and ready for the big move. Take care and I'm glad to hear you were not part of the tornado extravaganza of northeast Iowa!!!
LOVE YOU
Post a Comment