Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Too much time on my hands...

So it is not that I don't have plenty to keep me busy. The deal is that since I am doing all of this busy work while the boys are in school (ie not in the house making noise) I have had a lot to think about. So today while messing with the boys' rooms, trying to put them in some order because if the room is a mess the movers will just move that mess to the new room, I have been thinking about things that I will miss from here in IA and things that I am looking forward to in TX.

Things I will miss...
1. My gal pals from WMHS! Great friends for life though.
2. My BIG green yard.
3. The people at Bailey's and Cissy's that know my name and my car.
4. MIW
5. My church where everyone pitched in and you could see every corner of the church from any seat in the place.
6. S & K
7. Going to the grocery and only spending $10 because they had what I needed and it is too small to lure me in to other unnecessary stuff.
8. My house. I love this house, casual and inviting and bright.

Things I am EXCITED about!
1. All inclusive nationwide calling on my home phone! No waiting until Saturday or calling only those who were "in" to make connections.
2. $2.00 Dry cleaner
3. Pizza DELIVERY!
4. A library with something like 38,000 volumes! Free and at my disposal.
5. A fenced in yard for my dog and my kids.
6. Not me so much, but the boys are excited about a neighborhood pool.
7. IKEA
8. A Road Runner Turbo Internet connection.
9. My new house. Double ovens that I will never use, Granite counters that I don't know how to clean and a BIG ol' pantry.
10 Being anywhere with my hubby and boys, meeting new people, seeing new sights and entertaining guests in a new town.

No comments: