Saturday, May 24, 2008

I've been SHOPPING!

I am happy to share that we have a fridge on order from Sears and the delivery men will have to duke it out with the movers when it comes to access to the house. The movers should be delivering all of my personal items the same day that Sears delivers my fridge. All required so it will work out!


In addition to dropping $2000 at Sears I also picked up a few new light colored t-shirts for the boys at The Children's Place and a pair of jeans for each. I also splurged on a belt. You hear that Andy, I bought 1 belt for the boys to share. Yes, it was too late for the First Communion, but in the future we have one. I also picked myself up a few pieces from my favorite store of late, CJ Banks. They do not have CJ in my part of TX yet so I thought I'd get a couple of new things before we headed south. They had a good sale going today where every item you bought yielded another item for 50% off so I bought in even numbers. It's all good.


Nic was excited to buy a Cyclone T-shirt for his Build-a-Bear Bunny that currently had an IN t-shirt on it. He and my mom made that bunny around his 2nd Easter I think. I know it wasn't his first Easter because we were in Kingsport at the time and he had RSV that week. Oh the memories.


Speaking of memories, Fred and I were looking back today on our drive and chattin about the many addresses that we have had as a couple. The new address in Frisco is number 11 in 15 years. Maybe I should offer a prize to anyone who can name/describe our many homesteads?


Our last stop before headin back to town was a quick trip to Archiver's for me. My last few trips to Archiver's have not yielded much to be excited about but today was new and quite exciting. There are some new lines of papers specifically designed for Boys and since I have two such creatures I was excited to get my hands on the paper and some embellishments as well. I will not have time in the next two months to put the paper to good use but I'm certain that this summer will produce many photo ops so I'll be ready to get the layouts done once I get the pictures developed.


Well, I think that wraps up my day. We have plenty more planned for the weekend. I need to some more purging in the basement. Fred and I need to move some extra furniture from the basement to the garage then into my van on Monday night. I plan to release the stuff to a nice organization in M-town call The House of Compassion. They offer some shelter and meal services and assist people in starting new households and supply them with household goods to do just that. I hope that our castoffs go to a nice home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

11 in 15 years. Wow! Well ok i was 6 or 7 when you got married. I remember being at you house in (1)Purdue PU town once. Then on to (2)Western TN (Kingsley?). Then (3)Kingsport, i think i was there a few times. Then (4)Cleveland, mom flew out but i was never there. Then the (5)apartment in Canton. I was there many times. Then the house in (6)Canton I was the first family member to see the inside of that house. Then (7)Iowa Now (8)Frisco. Is that 11? NO what am I missing?

Jen said...

They had an apartment in Lafayette first before the house.
Then Lafayette (West Lafayette?).
Then Tennessee.
Then Ohio.
Then apartment in Canton.
Then house in Canton.
Then State Center.
Then Frisco.
I'm not counting how many houses/condos in each city. And MAYBE there was an apartment in Indy? (I know Fred lived there, off of Georgetown and 56th--are you counting that?) What a fun game...