Friday, May 9, 2008

What is Ikea?



I thought I would post for my pal Colleen, just what is Ikea? Check out the link... IKEA IS a really great store/shopping experience available in MAJOR cities across the US and throughout the rest of the world. The Swedish store sells furniture, home decor products, organizational aides, cooking items and even refrigerators. And a whole LOT more. (Exhibit A, one wall in the organizational product area)




They also have a restaurant that sells very yummy meatballs (exhibit B, Will even ate the meatballs!) and a variety of other yummy things that will offer some sustenance while shopping in their HUMONGOUS stores. Colleen, the closest IKEA to you would be at the Mall of America. It is a fun place to shop where the price is right on just about everything, even the meatballs.

(Exhibit C, This a HUGE fabric wall hanging that I would love to get. I mentioned that it was HUGE but it only costs $199. Not cheap but it is HUGE and educational to boot.) Although, as I look at it I wonder how you get it home? If is it smaller than 4 foot X 8 foot piece of plywood it would fit flat in my van. Guess I would need to get a good measurement before I paid for it.

OK, I think that is a good enough Ikea lesson. I hope that you get to visit one of these stores someday. It is a fun experience that doesn't have to break the bank. It would be a great place to shop for inexpensive small scale items for college.

We are headed home tomorrow afternoon, I will be posting a more thorough trip report when we get settled, ie. I get all of the laundry done next week.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Hi Susan, Thanks for the personal lesson on Ikea. Looks like a fun store, no wonder you love going there. Maybe someday I will be close enough to one to visit. Have a safe trip.

Betsy said...

Sounds like you guys had a GREAT week! IKEA and BAKERS in one town....book me a flight!
Mom

Anonymous said...

If you dont live in the same state as an ikea you must plan this when pakcing up the car to go visit ikea... my mom not the best at that... or maybe she just buys to much when you get there!