Overall I think it went pretty well. Nic's first observation was the there are some "hot chicks" in his class. I immediately suggested he not call them that and we were on a search of what to call a pretty girl in 5th grade. Will made some friends at his table. One girl looks like his old love Grace L. and the other girl at his table looks like Grace P. The other boy at his table lives 5 houses down from the crispy house so that will be nice when we get moved back.
Nic had a little homework tonight but I had the MOST! All of the registration forms that I filled out earlier in the month had to be filled out again. UGH! I knew it was going to happen but not until I turned the first set in. I should have made copies of those to save myself some time. It took about an hour to fill out two sets of permanent file packets and two applications for the GT (Gifted/Talented) program. Will is not sure that he even wants to try for it but we are trying to encourage the attempt. He may not make it but we hope it is worth the try. Nic should be an automatic based on his Iowa scores and Explore test scores. I will be frustrated if they make him re-test but we'll just have to wait and see.
Fred and I spent too long at the crispy house today. Meeting the site foreman and walking through some changes made to the original quote. After we got done there we went to lunch together at Dicky's. Fred loves this place and the boys don't so we haven't been there since we moved. He used to go there all the time when he was here without us. Well, we had our fill and then moved along. We had planned to go look at cars without the boys but the afternoon flew by. We went to Kohl's and a fairly simple transaction took WAY too long. I don't think they had the brightest chick at the service desk today. I'm just sayin'. After Kohl's we went to Sam's Club and spent a little cash before heading home to drop off the truck and the groceries before having to go get the boys.
I was "in line" by about 20 till 3 and will never get there much later. The line was long, slow moving and necessary. It seemed well run but of course teachers are not familiar with cars and parents just yet so it is a learning curve. I'm sure it will go more quickly in a matter of days.
Fred was so sweet to me while I was waiting in line and mowed the grass. Love that guy! He is all packed and did a bunch of computer work for me tonight so now I have the fun task of labeling receipts so we can get reimbursed differential on a bunch of stuff that we have purchased. It is EXTREMELY tedious and I can only do it for about an hour before the numbers start to blur. Maybe that's just my eyes failing. I have "Get eyes checked" on my to do list but I haven't gotten there just yet. It will come. Now that I don't have to "mow the grass" I should call about that tomorrow. I haven't had my eyes checked since we lived in Lafayette, IN. Gosh that was a while ago huh?

OK, Fred is bonding with the boys over Mario Kart and I need to go make Will's lunch for tomorrow. The cafeteria thing is a tough gig. I think Will made a bad choice, and when I say bad I mean outside of the realm of gov't approved and subsidized lunch choices, today. I can not get to the on-line purchase check to see how he was charged but I am fairly certain that Doritos don't count as a vegetable. There are possibly too many choices and I may need to join him at some point soon to figure it all out for myself. Maybe I'll see what looks good on the menu the rest of the week. Stay tuned for the first hand cafeteria report coming soon. I won't call it an expose' but you never know.
1 comment:
doritos=CORN chips. Vegetable. Done.
COngrats on a very productive and somewhat enjoyable day. THe whole Dickies thing did it for me...
Best of luck in the coming weeks.
Post a Comment