Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This is so not my house.

Got a rude reminder today that this is not my house. Besides the fact that it is a mess because our stuff doesn't fit here, and most of the stuff here is not ours, we had a showing today. Thank GOD that it was a Realtor previewing the property for a client. According to the guy that called to give me 30 minutes notice, I didn't need to clean up or even leave. THANK YOU GOD! The house is getting there but it is in stages of good. My bedroom, good, my bathroom good, the dining room/ my office, not so good. There are a million little things out of place and I am not sure what there place is? It's a tough spot to be in and I did my best to make it a little better in the short 30 minutes I had to prepare. Not sure if we made the cut for her to bring her clients back. Time will tell.






I started my Organizing 101 class today. I had to assess some roadblocks to organizing that I am facing currently and look at some suggested detours. It was enlightening and I have far to go. I'll get there, just about the time we need to move back to the other house and start all over again. In actuality I am hoping to come up with plans that transfer and that people can use and remember no matter where we live.





This afternoon the boys and I went to the library. I renewed a few books, got some more books, and went to see the building permit people. I thought that the lack of work on my home was due to some sort of permit issue. WRONG! There is no permit reason why they are not working. They need to use the demolition permit now and when they are ready to start the rebuild the inspector has to check the demo and then will permit the reconstruction. Boy I wish there were some work going on up there. It looks so sad and smells so bad. I want to see progress on my HOME!








When we got home Nic took some time to mow the back yard. He was going to do the whole yard for me last week but the slight hills in the front yard add a bit of challenge to the task and I think he is a bit short to get the right angle on the old style mower. He tips up then cuts nothing. The back yard is quirky in terms of angles but is VERY flat so I thought I'd let him handle that task. The weather was very mild with a breeze even so he got to work. Did he do it like I would have? NO Did he do it perfectly? NO Did he do his best? YES, until he scared a grasshopper then he was distracted by this guy and was more interested in researching the pest than mowing. I finished the threshold between the yard and the driveway and put the mower away for him. He did well enough to earn the $2.50 I promised.








I just had a lovely conversation with my pal Vicki from IA. We talked for 90 minutes about back to school stuff, trying to catch up on all the scuttlebutt from WM. I miss it... just a little. I should send a greeting to school for all of the students that I will miss. They start back next week. I wish them all luck. Considering the classroom situation they are going to need it. I'm praying folks, really really praying!




Best news of the day! I drove by the QT Gas station, my favorite in the new town, and they had regular unleaded gas for $3.51! I know that my brother says to not think too much about the price of gas, it's all relative, but I was pretty excited and I hope you are too.











2 comments:

West Marshall said...

Thank God for libraries. What book are you reading now?

Why aren't they doing work on your house, if it's not because of the permit?

I'd love to hear more about your class.

Thanks for the prayers. I am waiting to talk to the doctor about this AM's CT scan.

Kelsiann(unique) said...

Susan, this is Kelsiann. I love your blog. It's so cool. I was wondering how you got the songs you wanted onto your playlist. Give me a comment at www.kdhalbloom.blogspot.com