I slept till almost 10 today. That is what happens when you stay up till 2 because you took a nap from 3-5. Gotta make some adjustments, and SOON!
Once I got up and going I putzed a bit and cleaned up here and there without too much focus. I then rewarded myself by diving into a new book. Even though I already have two books in process. I don't usually read more than one book at a time but I am trying to get through library reads in good time to my personal book is getting moved to the back burner. Well the good news is that I read 1/2 a library book today and finished another. Progress for certain. But, at what expense? That would be my blood sugar. I finally pulled myself off the couch to shower and got out really shakey, oh yeah, no lunch and breakfast 5 hours ago. Better go eat a little sumpin. I had a couple of slices of left-over pizza, YUM! I hopped on the computer and was thrilled with a mid-day call from Fred. What a treat. Sadly it was cut short by a call to my cell. It was the Realtor scheduling office setting up a house showing between 4:30 and 6:00 today. Yep, a whole 30 minutes notice. YIKES!!
The boys responded like pros. Threw on clothes, straightened their rooms and grabbed stuff to keep them occupied in the car for a bit. I ran around wiping counters and straightening beds and trying to make it look decent. Pete jumped in the car and we were off. We got back a little before 6 and I think they had been here. Didn't leave a card though so no way to be sure.
I made some Double Chocolate Chip cookies to get me through the next 24 hours. Too bad the boys saw them and ate their fair share after having ice cream for dessert. Hollow legs those boys have.
So tonight Will and I watched Big Fat Liar on the Disney Channel and Nic moped because I wouldn't sign him up for another on-line community. He is already signed up for Neopets and Webkinz and we all fight over computer time so I said no. Sometimes it's tough to be the bad guy. But God made me the parent for a reason. Can I get an AMEN?
OK, Fred's on the phone so I should head to focus and try to get to bed before midnight. Tomorrow's a BIG day!
No comments:
Post a Comment