So glad that today is Friday. Most of my weekdays are pretty undifferentiated but Friday is a good day because it means Daddy's coming home. YEAH! He just texted me to say he was on the ground and needed to get through customs and then he'd be headed this way!
Bad news for him is that while he was away and I was supposed to be continuing on our quest for a cleaner less box ridden house I got more boxes and we are now looking box filled again. These boxes are mostly filled with large Longaberger Baskets so if I just put them into service here and there then they will be out of the boxes. Am I brilliant or what?
Fred has a full weekend of studying and cross-referencing inventories, checking out the external hard drive to see what BMS was able to pull from our wet computer and various and sundry other topics and items related to the house. I hope that he'll be able to sleep late on Sunday. I know that tomorrow he is meeting the builder back up at the house at 8:30 AM so Sunday is his only hope. I am hopeful for him. The guy deserves a late morning.
I had a very productive morning with Gunns Restoration and Liberty Mutual as we sorted through more "soft goods." We have a healthy non-restorables list and all the stuff that we have been holding onto can now be pitched. Gotta love having your own personal dumpster in your driveway. Actually I feel badly because it looks so bad but what's a girl to do?
After the meeting today I was able to sort socks across family members and put away a few more clothing items. There are just a few missing items that may have gone to the black abyss but we will keep looking just in case and if they are not recovered then we'll just need to get paid for them.
Alright, time to clear a path to the couch for the king of the household so he can veg eventually. I'm guessing he'll be office sorting and computering most of the night but I can hope that he'll take a break. He has a REALLY horrific and long week in Mexico and the guy needs to come home and be taken care of. Let's hope the boys will contribute a bit and show their dad some love!
No comments:
Post a Comment