Sunday, August 10, 2008

Moments of a mildly manic mommy!

So the fun started Friday night. I was headed up to the crispy house to get mail and take more boxes of wrinkled books. As I was loading the boxes in my car I notice something move out of the corner of my eye. A mouse! EEK! I can handle a good spider but a MOUSE! I tried to remain calm as he decided to hide under a large clear trash bag. I saw his shadow and thought about just trying to scare him back outside. My fear, maybe he wouldn't be scared of me... It could happen. So I did the first thing that came to mind... i dropped a box of books on him. Then I loaded the other few boxes in my van, after checking for any chew marks or openings that this mouse or his pals might have made in the other boxes, and headed north. I left the mouse and the heavy box of books for Fred to deal with. That's what I married him for right? At least I did the hard work, tossing a box of books at a target ain't easy people!



Fred got home later on Friday than I thought so no real meal for anyone. I did feed my kids and I think I had cereal. Fancy I know. When Fred arrived I immediately threw all of his clothes in the laundry and got them going. The boys stayed up a bit later than they needed to but daddy was home so it was accepted. Saturday was going to be a BIG day, celebrating Will's 8th Birthday. We all needed our beauty sleep. Fred and I stayed up way too late on Friday so Saturday came too soon but was unavoidable all the same.





Saturday started with gifts for Will. He received a Wii game, a Wii Zapper (yes, that is the official, technical name printed on the box.) He also got the 39th book in the Magic Tree House series and a Star Wars Clone Wars Sticker Book. We had a BIG day planned so we ate Eggo Waffles, Will's request, and tried to get to gettin. Our first stop was the mall. We headed to the Build-A-Bear workshop and each boy made a new friend. Nic chose the WWF (that's World Wildlife Federation, not World Wrestling Federation) Cheetah and Will chose a Black Puppy. They had fun stuffing, cleaning and dressing the pets. The challenge came in names for both. I think Will ended up with Will Jr. since he shares Will's birth date and Nic named his Wicked. Don't ask, I have no clue.



After BAB we stopped at the food court and ate a small lunch. Then we headed to the AMC 24 to see Wall-E. It was a very good movies, lots of underlying themes and messages, and the boys both enjoyed it. I was thrilled to be back at the old AMC. Hadn't used my reward card since we left MI. It was like going back to Glendale or something. It felt right.



After the movie we did more to stimulate the economy by going to Dave and Busters. The boys had a blast playing game after game and earning the great tickets to be used for CRAP! No better word to describe everything available to win at CEC, D&B, Gatti Town etc. We went upstairs at some point to eat dinner and then I disappeared into the mall on my own and the boys went back to the basement to play games. I hit Sephora for the first time in my life and got a free birthday treat. I also went to Franklin Covey and exchanged my purchases from Thursday and got much better items that I had researched on-line. My Thursday purchases were not educated, just whims, so after looking on-line I found items that will serve me better and replace the items I lost in the fire. I had some fun filling in dates in my new calendar last night. Silly things that bring me joy!



We all met up and ran to Kohl's to look for luggage. Fred's every week to Mexico bag has a split wheel and we were hoping to replace it but didn't find exactly what Fred wanted. We had $20 in Kohl's cash so we bought Will a watch and me some socks. The excitement was deafening!



Today Fred was up and out by 8:30 AM for his 11:00 flight back to Mexico. The boys and I had a slower morning and headed out to 11:30 mass then ran some errands. I am taking an on-line course in organizing and needed/wanted some supplies. I bought myself a cute binder, some tabs and sheet protectors. We also got clip lamps for the boys, a desk lamp for me and a NEW WHITE BOARD. My white board was command central last year when it came to our comings and goings. I will not hang it here, not wanting to put wholes in the wall, but will find a place to keep track of each other somewhere.




After errands we came home, iced the cake I baked this morning, and got ready for phase two of the great birthday weekend. We picked pal Drew up and headed straight to Gatti Town for food and fun! The boys had$20 worth of fun apiece and ate a little food. Will's favorite delicacy there is corn and Nic likes the plain noodles. The pizza was a little better this time around, fresher than when we went on a Tuesday afternoon, so I was a bit more satisfied. Still , not my thing but that's what Will wanted to that's what he got.




We returned home to play on the Wii and have cake. We bought a new air matress for sleepovers so I think we are set for the night. I will probably not sleep well, concerned that someone, either mine or not, will not sleep well. Will has been in my bed a few times in the last week. The air mattress will be slip under my bed tomorrow to accommodate him if he should feel compelled to join me this week. He is a kicker and makes it REALLY hard to sleep so I think the floor is a great place for him. Unfortunately, the floor in this house is hardwood so the air mattress seemed the reasonable thing to do. I hope it fits under my bed.




OK, sorry to ramble on so, just trying to keep people in the loop. The good, the bad and the ugly deserve to be shared!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. Can you tell me more about this organizing class? I need lots of help in that area.
Have a good week,