Friday, August 29, 2008

Wrapping up the week

Well the week finished off pretty well. Wednesday I ran a bit then went car shopping on my own. Never done that before. Not that I was going to sign on the dotted line or anything, although I think they wanted me to, but it was kinda nice to be the only "customer" in the equation for the moment. After the hour at the dealership, I cut it short, I was tired of being the only customer.

I ran to Michael's before I went to get the boys. I made it a few minutes later than Mon and Tues so I was a little further back in the pick-up line. It should be getting easier each day, you know people getting into the groove and all, but I think the learning curve for some of these Kindergarten parents is steep. It will all work out and it won't matter once the boys are able to walk to school.


After school we came home, did homework stuff and then ran to Target to buy Will and second pair of glasses. Well, Target has a deal going on right now, not the best deal in the paper, but Will couldn't find frames he liked. He decided that he wanted me to just get him another pair exactly like the first pair. Such a guy for ya. I will need to call Wal-Mart and see how much that second pair will be. I may be able to get them more inexpensively from one of those offers in the paper. We'll see.


So we picked up a couple of cubes to use for organizing the laundry/rear entry point and headed home. The cubes will work in keeping the shoes off the floor, if and only if, people actually put their shoes in the cubes. We are working our way back to being in a routine and having spots to put stuff. Yeah!


Yesterday Nic hit a wall late in the day and I wasn't able to go to the Ladies of St. Francis meeting at church. I was a little bummed, but only a little. I ended up getting some stuff done at home and was able to have great conversations with my BFF, my hubby and my mom all in one night. No wonder I had a smile on my face. I also got to talk to my MIL and sister in the last 24 hours so life is pretty good, even in a state where I know very few people.


So today I had to take care of some business at the bank and the U-Haul place. I got through that more quickly than I thought I would so....

JEN PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS NEXT PARAGRAPH.


I ran into Ikea and picked up two Expedit bookcases and was out the door in less than 10 minutes. It took me another 5 to load them into my car by myself but I was on the road to Target for my eye exam in under 20 minutes for sure!


NOW JEN YOU CAN READ AGAIN!


I had my first eye exam in more than 10 years and found that I do have a slight astigmatism and could benefit from glasses. It was hard to shop for glasses on my own and since there is not a web-cam at Target Optical I had to take the word of the sales lady. I REALLY liked this one pair but of course they were not on sale and would have been almost $300 with the good lenses. I was able to find another frame that is quite livable and walked out the door with $199 less in my Flex Spending Account. Oh and $55 for the eye exam. My glasses should be in next week. I seriously hope they don't put me into a fit of migraines or anything. Maybe they will cure my Migraines!?!?! Just kidding, I know better.


So tonight we ran through Sonic after school then to Game Stop to spend money that was burning huge holes in the boys' wallets. They each picked up a couple of used games and have been playing on and off this afternoon. I put together one of the items from the afore mentioned paragraph and hope to get the other one assembled before Fred gets home TOMORROW! Yeah, we get about 50 hours with him this weekend so I don't want him to take his precious time putting things together that I can do myself. Assembly was way easy, especially with my helpful 9 year old at my side, so I should be able to knock that out before he gets home tomorrow around lunch.


Let me leave you with a couple of pictures of some fun things I bought myself last week. They were totally frivolous but fun and they are pretty too. What do you think?

2 comments:

Katherine Krider Satchwill said...

Happy end of the week,to you too, Susan. Your blog and your family's life is testimony to what is so terrific about who we are and the choices we get to make. Thanks. Keep those fingers flying across the keyboard, and posting photos--Oh, I especially love the siblings/insiders "stuff" you add "between the lines".

Whether it's about shopping at Ikea (sorry Jen, but the time will come!!!Ours in Charlotte is about a year away I think) or references to your "bringin' up" by a super mom with whom you maybe OCCAAASSIONALLY have disagreed :-) I simply enjoy and smile...with love and admiration. Oh--say hi to Fred the Lennox man from one of his fans :-) and positive thoughts to his mom--how's she doing?

Linda S. Socha said...

What a nice for real post. Love the photos. Thank you for sharing
Linda