Friday, August 22, 2008

A GOOD Friday!

Well, we didn't get out the door quite as early as I'd hope but we got everything done on the list so I guess it doesn't matter right? We started out checking to this music school nearby. Nic has been interested in an instrument for a while now and Will is willing at best. We were going to let them pick an instrument but I think we are going to start with piano group lessons and see how that goes. Nothing has been made official just yet, need to look at the numbers. Lessons are significantly more expensive than those I took from Sr. Margaret back in '77. I think I paid $3/week. I considered signing myself up too but I don't want to break the bank. In addition to lessons we would need to rent an instrument and I have no idea what that might be. Homework for me I guess.

After the music place we went to the library and sent some packages and got a book off hold. I wasn't quite ready to read it but I guess I'll put down another book and pick up this one. I still am only 1/2 way through the Shack and I want to finish it! Not enough hours in the day to read.

We ran through A&W/Long John Silvers for lunch then picked up our pottery from last week (I'll post pics this weekend) and stopped at Kohl's for school shoes, a vacuum cleaner and a couple of new t-shirts. We would have bought more but we had to finish up to get to school to meet Will's teacher. She had invited us in to visit before the crazy back to school night. We were thrilled for a few minutes of one-on-one time and she seemed very kind and genuinely interested in my boy. Good stuff. While we were there we ran over to Nic's room and met his teacher too. So we had a good idea about where to go when we came back with our supplies.

We came home for a bit to see DADDYIO! he was here but still working the phone so the boys went to play and I jumped on the computer for a few until I had to take Nic to get a haircut and buy a few last minute additions to the school supply list. When we got back I tried to lay down but no luck in resting so I got up, packed up backpacks and got us ready to head to school.

We saw some friendly faces at school and I even remembered some names. Go me! We dropped off the school supplies, picked up lots of forms, signed up for volunteer opportunities, and had a bag of chips courtesy of the PTA. We got the scoop on PTA and class parties and such then headed out to find FOOD! Fred was famished and I could stand to eat. We tried a couple of sit down places with LONG waits so we ended up at Panera. Now this Panera was a bit unique, at least to me. I will be going back! First off they deliver your food to your table. Second they have Lemonade available right by the soda and you can refill as much as you want! I could go there with my laptop, spend hours and drink myself into a sugar and lemon induced coma. Yeah!



So after dinner we walked across the parking lot to Game Stop for the boys and 1/2 priced books for me. The book store was too cold so I didn't stay long. I headed back to get the boys and told them I'd bring the car around. A few minute later they walked out with HUGE grins on their faces. They had found the Holy Grail. They had purchased Mario Kart for the Wii and an extra Wii wheel. This has been the game at the top of the wish list since before we even had a Wii. It was a good night and I am sure that tomorrow the game will see a bit of action. For tonight we stopped at PetsMart to get a new dog bed and some food and then came home to get ready for bed. The boys are already upstairs so I need to go kiss and tuck. Fred is here till Tuesday AM so I may not get to write much. Our "To Do" list in lengthy.

No comments: