Well, after lunch we headed out to run some errands. The boys have been pretty opposed to going out with me lately, they would just rather be home being bums. So I didn't give them a choice today. They went with me without too much resistance and we got some stuff done. First to the crispy house for the mail, then to post office and finally to The Container Store. I wanted to get another CD drawer and a wrapping paper tote. We also picked up Quarter Containers for the boys, basically a small change holder that you can hook on your belt loop. We had a couple of these from Chuck E Cheese a few years back and sometime we lost one. The boys like to use these when they don't have pockets. Who knew they even produced such an item in bulk to sell at a Container Store? We also picked up a couple of folding crates for the garage and a glass jar to hold buttons. Our last stop was at my favorite gas station to get gas for....... $3.45 a gallon! My light was on so I FILLED UP! then we headed home.
Upon our arrival home I headed straight for my BED! I had a migraine so I think I slept for about 2 hours. Thank God that my kids can take care of themselves when this takes me down. When I finally got up we headed back out and about. I had a crazy thought earlier in the day that the boys and I could go paint pottery this weekend. There is a Color Me Mine store near out big mall so we had run in there earlier today to get some ideas about prices and pieces and such. Well, we picked up an events calender to find that Friday night studio fees for kids are $3 instead of $6. you know me, always looking for a bargain or coupon. We went back tonight and had lots of fun. I'll share the pieces when we get them fired. The boys both did their best and had fun in the process.
Using a coupon that we had received for being new to the area, we stopped and picked up a FREE Hungry Howie's Pizza tonight on our way home. It was as good as I remembered in Michigan, lots of reminiscing this week huh?
Just got off the phone with Fred and he will not be coming home this weekend. He is bummed but we both knew this would be coming soon. It is the 11 hour on this project and he needs to be present for stuff. No fair asking everyone else to work through the weekend if he's not willing to do the same. He is a team player, something I admire about him, he'll stay and do his part and we will survive without him and be proud of our hard working hubby/daddy.
Well, my migraine is finally gone, it lingered a bit past dinner. It seemed to dull while we were painting but got a little nasty when I was driving west and looking into the sun. I think it it GONE now and so I will probably stay up too late since I took a nap today and be a bum tomorrow. No reason not to be a bum though, we have enough milk and cereal to last a week, We have no where to be but here for each other:)
3 comments:
Susan, enjoy your last few days with the boys at home, and then really enjoy some me time when the boys start school.
The students come back on Monday, I am having a hard time with this concept. Still want at least another week with out students to get things done.
Know you are having your own 'pains' of school return with the boys going to a new school. You are probably much more nervous than they are.
TOMORROW IS YOUR BIRTHDAY! YEAH!
Of course I haven't sent a card even but I've been thinking about it allllllll week. It brings back such special memories. I mean ALL of my children bring their own special memories. YOU will just have to tune in tomorrow to see what I remember BEST about your's.
momma
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Post a Comment