Friday, August 8, 2008

End of the week already?

Wow, once we got over the bump on Wednesday it all went zippin by pretty fast. Wednesday we received 2 more bookcases that aided in my emptying about a dozen more cardboard boxes. The delivery was a fiasco but they are here now and that is what REALLY matters.


After the bookcases were delivered I left the boys with the girl from across the alley and headed out to get some b-day presents for the Will-man. Fred had a great idea for an item that was a bit more than my budget and strangely enough, totally out of stock at Toys R Us. I suggested we keep an eye out for said item times 2 for Christmas. These boys aren't getting any easier to buy for.


I picked up a little of this and a little of that and I should be wrapping those items but I want Fred to see them when he gets home later and then I'll wrap. I reminded the boys of the great tradition started by my own mom that b-day presents are at the end of your bed when you awaken. What a great way to start your day. Saturday is going to be a full fun day with daddy flying in just for the big event. He actually gets home tonight and has to go back to Mexico early Sunday morning. We are celebrating with pal Drew on Sunday. A trip to Gattitown, against my other suggestions, and then a sleepover! Yikes! Are we really ready for that? No way to know unless we try.


Yesterday was a bit of a crazy on a whim and a prayer kind of day. We headed to the mall of all places to pick-up the free books the boys earned by taking part in the summer reading program. We also went to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. The boys had received a bookmark for a free kids meal so I thought it would be a cheap date. I ordered a BBQ chicken pizza the likes of which I have not enjoyed for over two years. The last trip to CPK I made was in MI with gal pal Jules. Those were the days... anyway, they made the pizza wrong, using tomato instead of BBQ sauce as the base. I was starving though and it didn't taste bad so I jumped right in. When the waiter finally returned I questioned the ingredient choice and he assured me that they had made it wrong and would make me another one. I told him that was not necessary, we didn't need another whole pizza. He suggested we could take it home for later, not a bad idea so I accepted. Well, ten minutes later he returns with the new pizza made with BBQ sauce and much to my chagrin, red onions! I HATE onions. Nothing personal, just never really made the connection with them. I left the pizza with the server and hoped that my day would get better.


After lunch we ran into the Disney store looking to replace a stuffed animal or two and a talking Woody doll. No luck there. Next we headed downstairs to hit the Franklin Covey Store up for a new planner and carry bag for me. The very nice set that Fred bought for me 12 years ago got pretty wet and stinky so I needed to start over. I was successful then it was time to move along to a boy store, lucky for us Game Stop was nearby. Will bought himself a Piplup Pokemon Stylus and we headed out the door after intense browsing. I kept having to remind Will that his B-day was in two days. No need to waste his $ on a game, he had no idea what he might get on the Big day... He obliged. While at the mall we picked up a couple of Webkinz to replace some missing stuffed animals and are actually planning another trip to the mall tomorrow. The boys both wanted to make a Build A Bear and I thought it was a great idea but really wished that I had my camera to record the joy. I promised that we could come back with Daddy, make a bear or dog or whatever, see a movie and eat dinner somewhere. I will take my camera and all will be good.


Today I have been doing laundry, washing dishes by hand because my dishwasher is making glasses smell fishy, and generally straightening. I am going to pull some chicken out for dinner and plan a real meal when Fred gets home. I need to check his flights and see how timely he might be tonight.


OK, off to get busy during the NO ELECTRONIC HOUR I have instituted. The boys are building with Legos and I can non-electronically pay bills and sort the piles on mine and Fred's desk. Oh the joy!

1 comment:

West Marshall said...

Yea, I'm the first to post. I hope that Will has a great birthday. Build a Bear just makes life better, doesn't it.