Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Why do I procrastinate so?

This may be because I am like my mother too. Just kidding mom, we get our stuff done, in our own time. So one of the tasks I have been dreading for more than two weeks in inventorying some boxes of rejected items from the recovery people. As we unpacked here at the vacation house we just dropped stuff into boxes and promised to inventory it later. Well, later has come and gone so I decided I would do one box today. (It has been on my "to do" list everyday for the last three weeks) Well, I took care of one box and decided to move on to box two. Well, before I knew it I had done all four boxes. I thought there were 8 boxes but the other boxes in the garage are full of cardboard, tissue paper and bubble wrap and some cushion the we aren't sure if we are keeping. So four boxes and I am done. I took photos of each item as I moved it from one box to the other and have now handwritten out the list. The final part of the task will be putting it into an excel spreadsheet for dear Holly at Liberty Mutual. (She loves me, as far as fire victims go, by the way. I am good under pressure that's why.)


So my question to myself was, Was that task really that hard? Why didn't you do it three weeks ago? Oh well, it is done now and when Fred comes home this weekend he can take it all to the dumpster and we never have to look at it again! There are also a dozen totes and about 5 boxes to go to the storage unit. That I just did my homework on too. We have two small units and want to move to one big one, save us some $ and need fewer keys and stuff. They have a unit available so add that to the "to do" list for the weekend. Sounds fun huh? Don't you want to come and help us? I know deep down you really do but the 12 hours of driving is a bit of a deterrent. I understand.


Well, the rain has stopped for now, I think I'll go check the mail.

No comments: