And that is not all bad.
I was doing laundry last week and found a pair of size 7 shorts in Nic's basket. Confused I asked him when he wore said shorts. They were WAY too small for his size 10 butt. He said he couldn't remember. I asked him to come slip the shorts on and he could barely get them past his knees. "Oh yeah, I tried them on and they didn't fit so I put them in the dirty clothes." HUH? Why not give them to your little brother or bring them to me with that information. Why do I have to wash shorts that didn't even touch your butt?
In other mom like moves, I have a secret stash. My mom always had a secret stash. Sometimes we would find the stash and she would move it but she could hide Mounds Bars or stale Peeps there and we could care less. I stumbled across 10 for 10 mini-candy bar packs at Kroger last week and they are in my secret stash. Thankfully my boys aren't tall enough to look on the high shelves so that works for now. I'll have to get more inventive soon I'm sure. I also stuck some Pepridge Farm Pretzel Crisps up there. They are too expensive to not be savored. The boys would think they are just regular pretzels. They are not. They don't taste the same nor do they cost the same as Kroger house-Brand pretzels.
On to other BIG news. There is none. It rained here a bunch today so we have hung out. I did return my Red Box movies and run to Target. The Bucket List was very good. I LOVE Morgan Freeman and am not a big Jack Nicholson fan. In this movie I actually liked him. I wrote earlier this year about the premise of a life list and I started one. I think that at 37 and 1 day old I should revisit that list and also my word for the year. I chose OPTIMISM as my word and I think that it has served me well thus far. I am losing optimism when it comes to getting into my house by Christmas but who knows for sure. Not much work done that I can see. Hoping for progress soon!
3 comments:
Isn't is scary when you start seeing your Mom in you? I have also noticed some of those things, and wonder when did it happen.
YOU FOUND THE STASH! NO WAY!
Mom
My "stash" was to keep at least one Coke or Pepsi under the dishtowels. No surprise that to my knowledge, one ever uncovered it!
Post a Comment