Some may consider my efforts too intrusive, maybe to the point of babying him. I struggle with that myself. He is my first born and will always be my baby but I think I have given him enough cushion to feel like it is safe to keep on trying because if he fails and struggles I will help him but I will not let him just lay on the cushion/me and quit. (Should that have be "lie on the cushion" Dad? Anyone? Grammar was not always my strong suit.)
We had a great few hours after school. I made Lime Bars while the boys were at school so that was a nice treat for Nic, they are one of his favorite desserts. For Will's satisfaction I broke out the Ikea Meatballs and made the accompanying cream sauce to his delight! I had to call my mom to see what kind of cream to buy and I am happy to report that half and half worked out splendidly. THANKS MOM!
I am heading to Ikea tomorrow to do some shopping. I won't mention this to Will, it would be too hard for him. He LOVES that place. I am also going to test-drive a car at the Honda dealership. My van lease is up next month so it is time to get serious. I think I will probably get another van but Fred wants me to consider the Honda Pilot. I think we are not quite ready for an SUV, maybe next time. Anyway, since I am the primary driver I get to do the homework while Fred works hard in Mexico so we have enough money to get said car. THANK YOU HONEY!
OK, I just scared off a migraine with the right combination of pharmaceuticals and caffeine. Now I won't sleep too well but at least I'll be headache free. You take the good with the bad right?
Anyway, I leave you with a peek at OPTIMISM. This is a scene that I drive by on my way to and from school with the boys. (Yes, I got out and took this picture! Don't laugh!) If we lived in the crispy house I would not get to drive by this scene everyday. Yes, they are weeds but I can't drive by and not smile. They are such cheery happy weeds. Ponder that and I will too. G-night!
4 comments:
you know, the way I look at it is this: either you can be optimistic and hope for the best OR you can sulk and whine and just be miserable. I go for the former. You sleep much better that way. Glad all is well--today. Could you quit writing about "running to Ikea" though? That sort of makes me angry. :)
amen jen! i wish i could go any day i wanted and just wander... but i cant...
ME too I'm jealous of your living so darn close to IKEA but it would cost me $$$ wouldn't it? And like I need more STUFF! :-)
Anyway I am JUST today catching up on Blogs and see things have calmed down on the school front. (send pictures) In another two weeks the boys will be so busy with learning they will forget about the 'trappings'. And learning IS what its all about, finding out how to find out about more! Exciting isn't it? Oh to go back and do it better the next time. Maybe that will be my NEXT life.
Susan....stop calling it the Crispy house...you are going to be soooooo sorry when you LIVE there again and think about 'crispy'. I love 'vacation' home but can we just call the other one HOME?
And, send me your phone # in your vacation home. I hate using your cell minutes.
And finally....I want a new car too...and because of your brother's insights...I'm going to get what I like rather than just thinking about a hybrid something that would cost more and be less comfortable. Oh...but don't count on anything too soon, just dreaming. MOM
Hey...THANKS for taking time to take the picture! It does make you smile. Simple beauty.
Mom again..all caught up!
Post a Comment