Saturday, November 8, 2008

Another week passes...

Well, I think I can safely say I survived my week. It filled up even more than what it was looking like on Monday but it was all good.


Today we slept in a bit then took some time getting ourselves ready for the world. The boys and I went to Toys R Us to get an exclusive Pokemon download on their Nintendo Ds's. While we were there we picked up B-day and Christmas presents for cousin Landry. After that we went to Target to look at small scale Christmas trees.


I am facing a bit of a dilemma about holiday decor. We could set the full sized pre-lit tree up here and enjoy the seasonal decor but then if all goes well we will need to move said tree to Castlebrook house before Christmas. Not something easy to do. The other option is to keep the big tree in it's box and set up a smaller tree here at the vacation home and then move it, probably fully decorated in the back of my van, once the house is ready. We saw a 3 1/2 foot pre-lit tree at Target but Will said it was too small. He wanted the 6 foot one behind it. When I tried to explain that the one we have now is 7 foot he just said whatever. I guess we'll keep looking and considering the possibilities. I saw one in the Michael's ad for tomorrow that looks promising and the price is right thanks to a Veteran's Day sale. I'll have to run up there tomorrow and see what I think.

After the failed attempt at Target we ran to Ikea. I was having some withdrawal, having not been there in a couple of months, and needed some fresh ideas. Well, the boys were lacking in patience and wanted to take all of the short-cuts through the store. We of course had to stop at the cafe for linner, that took the longest amount of time. They had decorated trees within many of the displays so I was optimistic that maybe they had trees for sale. No such luck. They had some beautiful ornaments but no trees. I did pick up some wrapping paper though. I think I now have enough to get through the holidays.


We came home to meet up with Fred who had been up inspecting the crispy house. The drywall is all hung and once it gets inspected then they will mud and tape and apply texture. I think I have all of the color choices made so I just need to pass that along to the foreman guy so he can buy the paint. Nothing too outrageous, no reds or golds, but good stuff I think. I also saw this floor in a model home that I LOVE! Fred also went and looked at it today and agrees that it will work well for us. There is this finish called "hand scraped" that is uber popular down here. We did not have hand scraped floors but will be putting them in. This particular floor was very lightly hand scraped and had a great stain. I hope our floor guy can match it. The finish is a great compromise for me since I am used to more traditional hardwoods that doesn't require paying someone to scratch them up.


Tomorrow I am FINALLY making the cheddar cheese soup that I have a recipe for. It is from Canada in Epcot at Disney World and we all loved it so much when we were there in June 2007. In honor of my friend Vicki who is going to WDW tomorrow we will enjoy the soup. I am also going to make homemade pretzels. I really should get some rest here soon.


I think we have another full week ahead of us and Fred is now fully legal to go in and out of the country with his new passport so he is off to the airport on Monday. We have well-child check-ups to look forward to, along with Chick-Fil-A night and meeting with the carpet guy and the furniture refinisher. It'll be great!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I have heard many good things about the cheddar cheese soup. Sounds like a good meal.

Good luck getting back home before Christmas. That would be a nice present.

Jen said...

Thanks so much for the Ikea mention... I so had it out of my head until you brought it up!!! Good luck on the tree-spree. Shannen asked yesterday when we (AKA ME) would be putting up the decor... As soon as he brings it up from the basement, I guess!! Take care.

Dunhams said...

I love that floor too...the hand-scraped and the stain are perfect. Good choice! I wish that's what we had in our house!

West Marshall said...

I saw Sarah Fisher recently. She asked about you and told me to tell you hi. I'm sure Vicki would be honored of the cheese soup. It sounds good.
--Andrea