Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Consumer Warning


Just got off the phone with The Huntington Bank as I follow up on the end of lease stuff on the old blue Honda. I was told by someone that I should receive my refunded deposit minus "car Handling fees" of $300 and any excessive wear and tear, about 4-6 weeks after I turn in my car.


I turned in my car on September 27th. It has been taken to a local auto auction house but has not sold. Wonder if anything is selling these days...? Apparently I get nada until the car has sold, they take their own sweet time making sure they actually owe me money, which they do, and then they send me an invoice. If I am lucky enough to have a positive balance on my invoice they will send me a refund. When? The official response, "There is no timeline when it comes to sending refunds mam."


Baloney! I did my job, I returned my car, I had my car inspected, I changed the oil and added break fluid. I want my damn money! Can you believe this cr**? I can not understand the expectation that it is somehow OK for me to just wait patiently for ever for this money. I tried so hard to be calm, and be reasonable while at the some time being honest. It got me no where.


So here's the consumer warning of today.... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE HUNTINGTON BANK!

No comments: