These two dudes are roughing it at the 5th Grade Pine Cove Camp-out. Three days and two night of tons of dirty fun. I talked Fred into being a chaperon when they we putting the call out and saying they are always short male chaperons. Did I want to crawl under the table when they announced that they had two extra dads going? Affirmative. Fred will have a great time, I have no doubt, and Nic was thrilled to spen this time with his dad. It will all be fine.
I did receive a text message or two this afternoon so I don't think anyone is really roughing it to much. Fred mentioned that Nic appears to be a natural in a canoe. Who knew? Not sure how we can develop that natural skill or what usefulness it may serve. Do you think they have Canoe Squad college scholarships? Maybe he could row Crew at MIT? That is where he wanted to go to school until he found out that MIT stood for Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He was thinking it was Michigan. We'll keep on the maybe list.
OK, Will and I had a mellow afternoon. Homework, card games that neither of us remembered the rules for, and a quick trip to QT (Quick Trip gas station) for cheap gas. $1.73/gal. Will is optimistic that it will get down to $0.99. I assured him we haven't seen prices like that since I was in HS and that was a LONG time ago. A boy can dream right?
I will leave you with a few shots from the crispy house. LOTS of progress but I am still hesitant that the deadline will be made. We did test my paint choices and I found one that is a bad pick. I'll go back to the drawing board, or to Sherwin Williams, and get a new one picked soon. If things go well when we get back from Indiana my house will be colorful!
1 comment:
The front is looking very, home like again!
Post a Comment