Sunday, November 30, 2008

True Story

We had a long productive day here. Slept in a bit to catch up from the long drive yesterday. Hit the ground and got going on laundry and unpacking. Took Will to Target for a b-day card for pal's b-day party at 4. Ran up to the house to get the mail and check out the paint. The good news... it is started. The bad news... it's not done. Absolute progress but still a long way to go. I forgot my camera though so no pics today. Check back tomorrow.


I headed up to the Zone in McKinney to drop Will and we were a few minutes early. We sat in the car and I started the first sort of my BIG pile of mail. As we were ready to get out of the van Will asked if we could take care of kisses and hugs outside. (Insert sad face.) I suggested we just high five inside. He was cool with that. So, after I ran Will to the party I came back home to continue to sort through the mail while Fred got ready to go back up to the house to work on a punch list (open issues or unsatisfactory workmanship) I went back up with him since he was going to be crawling around in the attic and I always worry about him up there.


The good news is we remembered the camera this time. The bad news, Fred was using it for his punch list. I will try tomorrow.


We finished up there and then it was time to pick-up Will. He had fun at the party and talked all the way to getting Hungry Howie's pizza for Fred's b-day and the rest of the way home. So the true story of the day goes like this.


Hungry Howie Employee. "Your total is $15.14."

Me. "Here's a $20."

HHE. "We are out of quarters so I have to give you a lot of dimes."

Me. "Wait I may have some quarters for you." I look in my pocket to find 2 quarters, a dime and four pennies. I hand the girl the dime and pennies and say, "Pretend I just gave you $20.14 so I need $5 back."

HHE. "Boy I'm glad you are good at math. I would have never figured that out."

Me. Quietly in my head thinking "Seriously?" No tip for her.


We ate in shifts, each working on something important then it was time for showers and now it is time to read and get ready for a good night's sleep. Nic has been a little under the weather today so we hope he'll wake up 100% tomorrow. I seem to have caught a cold from my brother-in-law in Logansport and am quite miserable. Tomorrow is mellow in the AM then revs up after school. There is still stuff to be stowed after our trip but I'll take care of it in due time. Fred heads to Mexico in the AM and will be home Friday night. Another week in our exciting lives. Stay tuned!

No comments: