I finally did it! I made amazingly wonderful and VERY tasty home-made soft pretzels and home-made Cheddar Cheese soup for dinner tonight. It was more work than I usually put into dinner but it was all so good. Next time I will cut the soup recipe in half because the boys did not like it enough to call it a meal. I may also use a bit less celery and cut the onion a bit more fine. Live and learn right?
The pretzels were messy but oh so delicious. I want to make them again tomorrow but I won't.
Fred leaves us again in the AM. Tomorrow both boys are supposed to have well child check-ups after school but I checked my calender from last year and Nic's appointment was on the 13th. This means that tomorrow is only 362 days since the last appt. I have to call the insurance co. and see if they will let us go ahead or I may need to reschedule. UGH!
We had a showing between 12:30 and 2:30 today so Fred took the boys for haircuts and Pete and I went to Michael's. Well, I went in and Pete waited in the car. Once we were done we headed home to stake out the house. The lookers came around 1:40 and stayed almost 15 minutes. My guess... They ain't buying. Oh well, as soon as they left Pete and I made ourselves at home and called the guys to give them the all clear.
This afternoon Fred and I argued, I mean worked on insurance stuff. There are so many questions and issues that I can not answer. Our adjuster is slowing down in her response time and that is not a great thing. I got bills to pay people. We are still not in jeopardy but I'm spending my money now and I want to be spending theirs. Maybe I'll get a surprise check in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday, don't forget no mail on Veteran's Day, Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment