
How is it that smoke alarm batteries die in the middle of the night? I had to get the step ladder, not tall enough, then climb on top of my rented dresser just praying that it wouldn't collapse under my weight. I took the battery out to find that our alarms beep until they get a new battery. I shake the original battery up, hey sometimes I get a picture or two more when I do that to my camera batteries, and stick it back in. Silence....
for 10 minutes then it starts again. I call Fred in Mexico at 12:35. "Do you know where we might have a 9 volt battery?" his reply, "Nope, sorry."
I kept him on the phone while I crawled to the dresser again and shake the battery again. Still beeping. I decide to see if I can muffle the beep. Out to the office for packing tape, to the bathroom for cotton balls. My McGyver attempts help but do not silence the annoying beep!
I slept the rest of the night with a pillow over my head. It didn't help. I am tired and VERY cranky. I have pulled myself together enough to go into CVS after I take the boys to school to buy a pack of 9 volt batteries. I considered going last night but I didn't want to freak the boys out in case one of them came down and was looking for me and I was gone.
Thankfully I only have a couple of things on the calender for today. I have a ton of things in my head that I want to do but they can wait. We are off to school early for Library Lions and Safety Patrol then to CVS for me and home to climb onto the dresser just one more time, then jump right into bed and SLEEP!
for 10 minutes then it starts again. I call Fred in Mexico at 12:35. "Do you know where we might have a 9 volt battery?" his reply, "Nope, sorry."
I kept him on the phone while I crawled to the dresser again and shake the battery again. Still beeping. I decide to see if I can muffle the beep. Out to the office for packing tape, to the bathroom for cotton balls. My McGyver attempts help but do not silence the annoying beep!
I slept the rest of the night with a pillow over my head. It didn't help. I am tired and VERY cranky. I have pulled myself together enough to go into CVS after I take the boys to school to buy a pack of 9 volt batteries. I considered going last night but I didn't want to freak the boys out in case one of them came down and was looking for me and I was gone.
Thankfully I only have a couple of things on the calender for today. I have a ton of things in my head that I want to do but they can wait. We are off to school early for Library Lions and Safety Patrol then to CVS for me and home to climb onto the dresser just one more time, then jump right into bed and SLEEP!
2 comments:
DUDE, that happened to me, too WHEN SHANNEN WAS GONE. Oh, what a pain in the absolute boo-tay. I understand your pain, sista. Maybe you should have just changed them two weeks ago when they TOLD you to!!! Take care. Get some rest.
Everytime our's go out it's in the middle of the night too! What is that about??!! I did figure out that if you unplug the wires completely that will make it shut up until you can get a new battery in there. That happened to me when I was a few months pregnant and Matt was out of town...I had to drag a ladder upstairs to get to it...ridiculous! I feel your pain :)
Post a Comment