Thursday, November 6, 2008

What a day...

I slept well last night, well enough. I had a full day today, so I should sleep well again.

Last evening I met Fred at Ethan Allen and we had a "Buy Appointment" with our designer, Kim. She had come to the house in Monday and taken some measurements to see what we had room for in the dining room. She had taken the info back and put together an full room plan. Basically, she made sure my furniture fit then attempted to add in all sorts of "accessories" and art to help finish the room. Well anyone who knows me well, know that I don't really "finish" rooms. I buy things when I am moved, and they are on sale. I use what I have and I enjoy the look of minimalism, (except when it comes to my desk which is currently REALLY cluttered) you know... less is more. Well Kim did her best to talk me into the $369 Orchard print, the $499 Forest Mix in the Metal Pot and even the $309 lamps that I would need two of. I also managed to say no to the $169 Terracotta Centerpiece Bowl that didn't even come with any fruit!

What we did order was a beautiful table, six chairs, and a sideboard. We also bought a rug and were able to select the fabric for the seats. This was a first for us. I am really happy with the table and think that it will replace our damaged table nicely. The chairs are comfy, not that too many people will sit on them, and the sideboard will be great for serving, if I ever get to do that. I did not get the $400 wooden gear, but I think it was cool. Maybe someday...

Today I went to pick up Fred's VERY expensive passport then headed to the house to see walls in EVERY room and the beginnings of brick on the side of the house. After I had checked the work I went and did my volunteer stint at school.

I spent two solid hours in the copy room and went through at least 3 reams of paper. The good news is that I think the 3rd graders are set until after Thanksgiving break and the 5th graders are in great shape as well. In reality it was really fun to work so hard and even more fun to try to keep two copiers working at the same time to increase my own productivity. Crazy that something so mundane can make a girl like me smile:)

Well, I think I'll go slip into some cozy jammers. It is getting into the 40's tonight. I have to get up and ready early tomorrow so that right after I drop off the boys I can head to the dentist for my filling. UGH! I can not remember that last time I had a cavity filled but I do remember that it is not fun. Maybe after I'm done I'll take myself to a movie...

1 comment:

Betsy said...

If that's your new table....I LOVE it! It is your style. I'll come sit on your chairs someday soon.

The big problem I see is that you'll always have to find a house that fits your new furniture. Oh...to have such a problem.
Mom