Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This day should be a piece of cake!

I only have two appointments on my calender right now. I meet with the restoration company today to pick out flooring and wall texture and tonight we are going to order some pieces from Ethan Allen for the dining room. Not that we can accept delivery or anything but we need to start the process. They are willing to hold everything until we can get it in Dec or January.


The boys were a bit tough to get up and going this morning. I am getting pretty tired of all of the nagging required to get them down to the kitchen for breakfast. I am hopeful that they need to work through the adjustment of the time change but if that's not it I am willing to adjust bed-time in this house.


We had a good evening celebrating Nic's birthday. Fred met us at Durkin's Pizza which is new and right down the street and it was VERY tasty. It is a small place but had a couple of flat screens that we watched the poll results on and the pizza was pretty awesome on top of all that. The owner offered Nic an ice cream dessert for his birthday. He opted for my most favorite childhood novelty, an orange push-up. Will would have no part of a push-up or Drum Stick and talked his daddy into taking him down the strip a bit to get a little dish of goodness from Marble Slab.


After dinner Fred and Nic worked on homework, he had a bunch last night, and I was burned out from helping with homework before dinner. So I watched Dancing with the Stars that I had to record from Monday because I had an important function to attend. I'll write more about that some time real soon.


Well, I am supposed to be at the restoration place around 10 so I should probably get myself into gear. I'll probably have time to post Nic's b-day pics later so check back.


Oh yes and one more thing. We are all glad that Election 2008 is behind us and most in this house are OPTIMISTIC about the future. My own sense of relief comes from the fact that a decision has been made, there was a clear victor, and the democratic process worked. Now we can look forward to and pray for the "Change" that was promised! And Barack won in the elementary school election too. It was a close race though, so I hear!

No comments: