This evening my neighbor was taking her hubby to the airport at just the same time that the boys were getting home from Faith Formation. As I went out to meet the boys my neighbor had a dog in her arms and asked if I knew who it belonged to. Nope, not me. Well, she had to go so I took the dog from her and the boys and I began the search.
We walked one block and knocked on a few doors and had no luck. My arms were getting tired and the boys really needed to be getting ready for bed so we headed back to the house. Buddy, as Nic dubbed him, did well enough with Pete and seemed like a well loved dog despite the fact that he had no collar. I whipped out a couple of "DOG FOUND" signs and hung them up. One went on our FOR SALE sign and the other on the closest stop sign.
Just after 9 my neighbor came home and he daughters said they thought they knew who the dog might belong to. They drove around the hood looking for this lost dog flyer that they had seen and called the number. They then came and picked me up and we took the dog to where we thought he lived. Sadly that was not Buddy's home. I felt just awful for this family, it seems that their mid-sized Schnauzer has been missing for more than 2 weeks.
Anywho, she though that the dog we had lived closer to us so we headed back to our section of the hood and my neighbor hopped out and started knocking on doors. Well, Buddy and I sat in the back and her daughters drove and navigated. Finally someone answered their door and it was Buddy's house! It seems that Buddy's mom was just giving Buddy's dad some grief for losing her dog and who knocks on her door? It was a twist of fate for sure. Well, Buddy is really Connor and he lived just across the street and down 6 houses or so.
Nic was pretty sad when I came home empty handed but he was glad that we found his home and when I explained it with Pete in the scenario he got it.
So, good deed for the day complete and I am off to bed. G-night Y'all.
3 comments:
Now, that is a problem!
LOL -- Just Kidding...
My heart always breaks for lost dogs and the families that lost them.
Your cuz --
Theresa
The best dog that followed me home... O'Brien!
Don't worry Nic....there are dogs waiting to see you HERE! See you soon.
Post a Comment