Just so no one thinks I am still stranded in my house. The Realtor came over and thought he could fix the garage door. I told him if it could have been fixed I would have tried, he looked at it and agreed with me. Definitely a job for a professional. A couple of hours later he called to say someone would be coming around lunch time to work on it. A service man came a bit before noon and it took about 25 minutes for him to get the tension cable untangled, the track reset and some lubricant sprayed on. Now the door is in-line and much quieter and goes up and down without a hitch!
Fred came home last night in time to enjoy luke warm pizza for dinner. Today he and I met with the flooring guy and picked carpet and wood for the house. Fred was VERY disappointed in the work the drywall guys did and I was disappointed to see that there had been no texture applied to the walls yet. The painter was supposed to start on Tuesday and he can't if the walls aren't ready. It is this kind of stuff that will keep us out of the house until New Years. Pray please!
After we did the flooring thing we picked up the boys and went out for a quick lunch. Then we went home, dropped me off and the menfolk went to see the new James Bond movie. I had some quiet time to clean off my desk and before they got home I did some scrappin'. I got two Christmas presents started and tried to get what I needed to finish them tonight at Michael's but they were out of what I needed. I hope they get them in this week so I can take these gifts to Indy. Shipping them would be potentially hazardous.
I had plans to make Beef Stew tomorrow for dinner. I got all the stuff I needed today except the Adolph's Beef Stew Mix packet. Guess what they don't carry at Super Target or Kroger? I had bought a bunch in IA when I finally found them, after I had run out of the one's Kirste had sent me all the way from MI. I guess I will have to try Tom Thumb and Albertson's tomorrow. Sure, I could use another mix or try it from scratch but we LOVE the Adolph's. I will try a couple of places here and if I can't find it we'll look in Indy next week. If worse comes to worse I beg my personal shopper to buy me a case in MI and ship it to me. I hope it doesn't come to that.
It's late, I have a witch hunt to take part in tomorrow. I should get to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment