Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Busy busy

Life trots along. Monday afternoon I worked at the Holiday Shoppe at the kids' school. Monday night flew past as usual with Faith Formation and homework and such. Tuesday I started my day back at the Holiday Shoppe and it was crazy busy. Now I have reaffirmed my desire to NEVER work retail again. It can be fun but it can wipe a girl out too. I took a long lunch to check on the house and have lunch with a new friend then I went back to help with the end of the day at the shoppe. After school we bummed, had frozen dinners and I watched TV. I was catching up on old episodes of Little People Big World and House. I had the volume up to 50 at times. I have had this white noise in my head since my little Indiana cold. Of course today I called the doctor, she can see me Friday. About two hours later my ears popped and now I can hear so much better. I should have called for an appointment sooner huh?

Today I was going to go back to school to help but I was wiped. By the time I started my day I was working two phones and some e-mail trying to take care of house stuff at the same time that the nurse called from school saying Nic was dizzy. I wrapped up all of my loose ends and ran up to get him. When I did I found the flooring guys laying down a vapor barrier, Yippee!

I brought Nic home, he chilled, so did I. I continued to make plans for the move and putz around here. At 1:00 I took Pete to Petsmart for a bath and teeth brushing. He was not happy about it, but it had to be done. He smells so much better now. While he was at the spa I swept up the house and cleaned all of his bed covers, there are only 2. No reason to have a clean dog sleeping on a dirty pillow right?

I went to get Will, stopped by the house again to see actual wood being installed and the gas meter guy was there! Yippee again, we will have heat once someone turns on the furnace. I did not volunteer for that job. Someone else can do the honors.

The near future plans of the house include installing the rest of the hardwood, covering it and letting it acclimate for about a week. Next Thursday they will scrape and stain and poly and then we can be on the floor by about Saturday. There is painting that can be done while we wait on the floor and I think they are going to try to install carpet upstairs next week as well. That will leave downstairs carpet to be installed on the 22nd. I had scheduled some of our stuff to be delivered that day from the restoration company but I may need to push that back a day. I have the dining room furniture coming on Christmas Eve and some refinished stuff coming on the 23rd. I may be pushing it... Need to talk it through with Fred and the foreman this weekend. I am hoping that they will see that my timeline is viable. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

soooooo exciting to think you might be sleeping in your house on Christmas. Jesus would have been happy to find such a nice place!