Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Did I mention I love Texas?"






That is the quote that Nic just shared. Why at 8:00 AM on a Tuesday would he be announcing this? Well, because people in TX are wimps and school has gone from delayed to cancelled due to a little bit of ice.






The boys had an early day today so we were up and out by about 7:25. On my way up to school I considered the POSSIBILITY that there might be a delay. I switched by radio from XM to FM and heard them announce that FISD is delayed. Darn! We went through the hood that was suspiciously quiet and turned around and headed back to our vacation home. Upon our arrival both boys ran to the driveway and immediately fell on their butts. They were laughing and have a great 'ol time. I was picturing in my own head that we would be at the ER in a matter of time to have broken arms set. Well, no such bad luck for me and soooooo much good luck for them. I came in and sought out a website with a ticker of delays and closings that I could add to my favorites and easily check on days like this. As I checked the FISD home page I found, with my mouth handing down to my lap, that FISD announced that it is CLOSED for the day!






The boys jumped up and hugged each other when I went out to share the news with them. I am bummed because this makes day two that my "plan" for the day has been messed with. Nothing too terrible, more annoying that anything. Que sera sera.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

So not far. We had a wind chill of -25 yesterday morning with at least 1/2 inch of ice on the roads and We all got up and made it on time. Well almost all of us. Sarah's ride didn't show, so she walked and was late. Her first Tardy in 10 years

Dunhams said...

So funny! The roads in Frisco are not even bad at all...they're actually not bad anywhere, yet it still took me over an hour to get to Preston and Plano Pkwy...ridiculous! Texans! :)