Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Real Quick

We are in the house. We have some stuff but not all stuff. I need to run back to the vaca house and get some sheets and pillows for the boys. Oh, and I think they need some clothes. We have mixed reviews about the move itself. Some movers did me up right and others broke my refrigerator that had only been used for 11 days. Thankfully someone was able to come and temporarily fix the cord but a new part must be ordered. My oven is now working too so that is all good. Interestingly when they hooked up our phone at the original house they gave us our old number. Strange because they assured me that this number was not available here. Do I call and ask about it or don't ask don't tell?

OK, gotta get back to work, just wanted to let you all know that we are alive and moving! Love you all!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Glad you are back in your "new" home. Have fun getting organized.

Jen said...

HURRAY!!!!!
The Comcast guy finally got to the house at 4. Super nice guy. He works for a total of 12 minutes, on his phone for most of the time. He tells me as he is leaving that there was absolutely no reason for him to have to come to my house and that the issue was totally fixable via customer service and my phone calls last night. I felt super sorry for him since our roads had totally turned into ice rinks.... All is well that ends well, I suppose. Comcast has called twice since then just to make sure all is well. I'm too tired of yelling at them to yell at them anymore.
TAKE CARE! We'll be in touch.

Katherine Krider Satchwill said...

Happy Christmas Eve, Bakers. "The Peace of Chrismas Day" isn't a likely theme these last hours of chaos, & moving back home for Christmas. It may not be all that quiet, but I'll betcha the ole attitude of gratitude will be hung from every rafter! I'll be thinking of you & of all whom we know--And in some "found" moment of quiet that WILL arrive like the whitest of sparkling snows--you, Ms. Susan, should smile with the Love of Christ's Christmas Peace for all you have done and continue to do--because YOU are somethin' special! Love to Susan KATHLEEN Traub Baker from Aunt Kathy :-)