So one of the challenges of the vacation week has been knowing what day it is. I think today is Monday. I should know that yesterday was Sunday because I would have gone to church but I am not feeling great and have a little cold/cough so I stayed home mostly. I made lunch meat sandwiches for dinner and did very little else. My cough is lingering today so we'll see how much I get done.
Will Baker had some issues yesterday. He is LOVING being back in the hood but it has also caused him some trouble. He was so excited about being out and about yesterday that he left the house across the street and headed to some other kids' house without letting us know. I thought he was across the street the whole time. He then misplaced his helmet that is required to be worn while riding on his scooter. When he came home without it and seemed less than concerned about the fact that it was missing I sent him back out to find it. Well, in the conversation of where to look for the helmet, I found out that he was not just at D's house but had also gone to M's house. I told him to walk to both houses and try to find his helmet.

Well, my brilliant son decided he could ride his scooter without his helmet while he was out looking for his helmet. UGH! When he came home on his scooter and without his helmet he was bawling. He said that when he went to M's house he went in their back yard and was attacked by their dog. He had scratches and a bruise to prove it. Well, later in the evening we learned that Will invited himself into the back yard without supervision and that M's dog is a bit crazy and very high strung. He did not have an escort to the back yard because he did not go in the house just through their gate.

Well, the helmet turned up across the street but Will just kept messing up his night with lies and bad choices. We usually do not deal with too many discipline issues in our house. We have good kids. Fred and I were a little stumped about handing out reasonable punishment. What we came up with is no scooter, his or anyone else's for 1 week. (He is allowed to wear his helmet as much as he wants.) He also has to clean up Petey poop in both yards. We are stumped about the proper punishment for lying and going to some one's house without permission.
I would say that he has learned a lesson but I'm fairly sure it will happen again. He may just not get caught.
No comments:
Post a Comment