Monday, December 1, 2008

Photo heavy post

Kitchen with new paint. There are VERY dirty cabinets under all that plastic!

LR note the hint of baseboard along the floor. Also note the missing window sills. It will come I'm sure.

DR with 2 Celery Walls. I think Fred thinks that it is too bright but once the furniture goes in, the floor is in place and there are blinds on the window it will grow on him.


Master bedroom. Not the best shot of the color. Hard to capture in the dark afternoon with no interior lights that work... yet.

Another shot of the MBR with doors from throughout the house waiting for primer and paint.

Apparently I have torqued off one more person and we are now on our third site foreman for the crispy house. In actuality it is not really about me but how, Joe the guy who showed up the night of the fire, feels that his word to us is just not being kept. He feels like his company has let us down and he is out to make it right. Joe takes over today and will do his best to get us in the house by New Years. He has actually mentioned a date before Christmas but I hesitate to believe it. I agree with Fred that we need the house fixed correctly not quickly. May patience reign and optimism make the holiday season great no matter where we lay our head at night.


So tonight we started to decorate our Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I bought some bead garland at Target but need another strand. I picked up the letter ornaments at Kohl's last month. I bought the Puppy Love ornament at Hallmark, it is the 18th in the series I think. Fred and I have the whole collection. (I remember that the first one I bought was from the Hallmark shop in the middle of Glendale Mall.) I digress. I also picked up this year's New Home ornament from Hallmark. We have quite the collection of that theme as well. Finally the TEXAS ornament is from Kohl's. My plan is to add more ornaments by either making them or making them out of found items around the house. I would like to find a firetruck one to commemorate the event. Probably need to check Hallmark for that sometime.


It may not be what we are used to but it should make the presents look all the more abundant. Getting the Christmas stuff from storage may prove to be quite the challenge so we'll try to make due. I would like to find our nativity, even if it is the Little People version. Beyond that we will deal and it will be that much easier to move when the time comes.
I talked a bunch today and was around the dusty dirty house and seem to be losing my voice. Off to watch a show off the DVR and mellow before bed. More tomorrow I'm sure!






2 comments:

Jen said...

I see some progress. Remember...your tree and decor are not that big of a deal (don't tell that to Shannen and his new 9 foot tree). It's not about the presents either (again, don't tell Shannen). Enjoy the warm temps and your time TOGETHER wherever you might be.

Katherine Krider Satchwill said...

Again, Susan, your Christmas preparations bring thoughts of the 471 fire and that Christmas at Veraestau--tough times, mixed with blessings unimagined in my 10 year old head. And, oh my gosh--don't you just want to crumple up gift wrapping when you realize that Fred's right: better to have the house fixed right than fast!! I already know you and Fred are just so smiling, right? (or is that a grimace?)I've decided that MY favorite phrase is "Yes. You're right!" Gosh, I love to hear that!!! (Well, maybe just after all the really sincere ones like I love you, peace, joy, happiness, I'm sorry and Merry Christmas!)