Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Closing in


As we close 2008 and jump head first into 2009 I should reflect. Well, maybe I shouldn't but I think I will.


I started 2008 with one little word (OLW) to lead me. I chose OPTIMISM and tried to keep that ideal in my forefront throughout the year. It turned out to be a great word choice considering the year we had.

January was spent in a white-out called winter in Iowa. We had a bunch of snow days and a bunch of snow and paid a bunch of money to have that snow pushed around and piled high.

February brought news that Lennox was ready to move us south. We, mostly Fred, spent some quality time on home improvements and we listed our house in early March.

March brought showings, an offer on the house and chicken pox for Nic. More snow days too.

April was the month of finalizing the sale of the house. Mamma came from IN for a visit. The weather was so nice there were water gun battles outside in swimsuits! I finished working at WMHS

May, we headed to TX for a week to find a house. We were successful, found a great house with awesome schools in a lively neighborhood. Will celebrated his First Holy Communion at St Joseph's and we had a bunch of company from IN and SD.

June, bad bad bad rain and tornadoes in IA. It was hectic right up to the last minute before we left the state. We headed south for the next leg of our journey and had no idea what was waiting for us. Dad came from IN to help us settle in at the new house. Fred spent a few more days at home and thankfully was home on June 25th. The house was struck by lightening and our lives were challenged to say the least.

July brought hope and optimism and another move to a rental house in Frisco. We took a week to settle then ran up to IN for Ben and Andrea's wedding and Mom and Dad's 40th Anniversary Party and medical drama for MIL.

August was HOT! A new HOT. We tried out a pool or two and stayed home a lot. We celebrated Will's b-day and my b-day and got ready for school. Oh and got a new van that ROCKS! And the boys started 3rd and 5th grades.

September, getting into the flow of school. Considering extra curricular opportunities and dealing with insurance stuff. Not fun but very necessary. Also started Faith Formation (Religious Ed.) at our new parish. Also hosted the Star Wars the Clone Wars House Party.

October was the month of elections for student council, Will won, Nic lost... to a girl. We also did the regular Halloween fun, flu shots and life

November was a BUSY month at the crispy house. We took a trip to IN for Thanksgiving and hugs before the hectic December waiting for us in TX. Nic celebrated #10 with a pizza dinner and REALLY wanted an ice skating party but as of this date 12-31-08 it has not take place. (Yes, I know I am a bad mother.) I was so lame I didn't even bake the kid a cake. I should do that tonight as an attempt to redeem myself.

December is a bit of a blur. Work really ramped up at the crispy house and also with school commitments and stuff. It was not unbearable but it was busy. We got to move in on the 22nd and still have a bit to go. We are all sleeping well and enjoying the layout and space in this house a bit more than the rental.

Well, I have a ham and rice and rolls for dinner and it is almost time to ding. after we eat I think I'll bake something and maybe work on clearing off the DR table and my desk before the ball drops. Here's hoping the 2009 is all that and more. Stay tuned for the unveiling of my OLW for 2009. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Jen said...

WHEW!!! You wear me out just reading your post! Good choice on you OLW. You better be careful on this year's choice--you never know where it might lead. Happy New Year to you and yours. Hopefully everything here stays status quo. Take care and enjoy all your new space!