Stopped by the house today after a second trip to Home Depot this week. I apparently did not pick out enough fans, so back I went. There were three subs working simultaneously. Can't they just all get along? Well, yes they can! I was a little nervous about this pile of wood that had been brought down from the attic. If the removal caused any damage to the painter's hard work I'm sure there would be words!
I found a fan for the Master Bedroom and the Great/Family Room. I am a little concerned about the size so I need to do some research about fans/ room size ratios. Hope it's all available on-line. How could it not be?
Then at about the same time I was ready to make dinner Nic decided to make Bubble Gum. Yep, you read right, he bought a bubble gum making kit at the Children's Museum last week and it needed to be tried TODAY. Well, it did not go well. It is a sticky process and despite my encouragement to read the through the directions and understand them thoroughly before starting that did not happen. So while I was "stirring" the sticky mess in the paper cup and he was tearing in to the wax paper box without the best sense he cut his finger on the box blade and the gum making was history. He was mad at himself and was ready to throw the whole kit away. I told him we just needed to prep better next time. Plan ahead a little. Not his strong suit. We'll keep trying.
So I patched him up, finished dinner and the neighbors behind us brought the mail from last week that I never picked up. I am guessing it was some sort of sign. In the mail was a letter from the ISD Personnel office. I have applied to be a sub at the boys' school and they were responding to my online application with paper forms and an invitation to the next substitute orientation that is required before any subbing can happen. The sign here, I am not meant to sub this year. The meeting is tomorrow morning from 8:30-11:30 and the paper forms were required to be submitted before you attend the session. Guess I wait for the January opportunity. Probably best anyway with the hectic pace of December in general and the reconstruction and move hanging in the balance. I'll send it off tomorrow and wait to hear from them I guess.
OK, I need to get some stuff done tonight. I pulled sheets off of everyone's bed today and they are all clean waiting to be put back on. I hate that job. I would hire someone just to do that job. It is satisfying when it is done but they are just going to ruin them tonight. Oh well, off I go!
1 comment:
Is the plan still to have the house ready by Christmas?
Andrea
Post a Comment