Silly boyz excited to be back in the hood!
I can see it! I can see the end! The hand scrape hardwood guys got busy today and I am certain that the floor looks absolutely different right now. Part of me wants to drive up, unlock the front door and just take a quick picture. I'll be good and wait until the morning though. The fog is as thick as pea soup around here.
So this guy scrapes the entire floor with a scraper that is about 3 inches wide. It makes a HORRIFIC sound with each drag. I am thinking he must be immune to the piercing tone.
After a little scraping.
This guy was hand sanding so we could to test spots. They have a big sander. It's hand scraped, not hand sanded.

Which one would you choose? Fred did not choose the same one I chose. Too late though, like I said, it is probably all done right now. (I chose the one on the left.)


Which one would you choose? Fred did not choose the same one I chose. Too late though, like I said, it is probably all done right now. (I chose the one on the left.)
I did get to the house this afternoon to see my new foyer chandelier, carpet in the master bedroom and in the living room. There was probably more to see upstairs but the handrails were wet so I stayed on the main floor.
Today I met up with some MOMS friends and their kids for lunch. We went to Peter Pipers Pizza and had a hot lunch and some conversation while celebrating Lauren's big 03. As I was making the rounds to say goodbye I totally missed seeing the Dance Dance Revolution stage and totally fell. I think only one person actually saw me fall but boy did it hurt, my knee and my pride. I hobbled out with what pride I had left.
This afternoon I managed to get the boys to Sport Clips for haircuts and then came home and signed a contract for a mover. This outfit is owned by off-duty firefighters. I thought it was fitting to sign with them. Let's hope I'm right! We have two men and a truck showing up on Tuesday to help with the big stuff at the rental that needs to go back to Castlebrook. Better them than me. Our new mattresses are HEAVY.
OK, I think I need to finish the game of Monopoly that we started on Tuesday. Such a great game that you can walk away from and come back days later. Later.
4 comments:
Super duper exciting... man, I'd just skip Christmas this year! I hope all goes as smooth as it can and that everything gets put exactly where you want it--in one piece. I'm sure there are some wierd feelings, but I bet you are REALLLLLLY glad to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Take care and keep us in the loop!
So great seeing you today!! I hope your knee...and your pride feel better :) Don't worry though I trip over my own shoes several times a day :)
Please don't worry about falling. I fell at a bar in through the front door. EVERYONE saw me, even the band. I fell the other day in the laundry room carrying all of the "fixins" for dinner. I wish I could have seen it. I bet it was comical beyond all belief.
Theresa
I picked the left stain too. I love the room with the three windows in a curve!!!! Vicki has been keeping me posted.
--Andrea
Post a Comment