Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve

So we got a lot done yesterday and I am feeling pretty good about where we are. There is still lots to get at the other house but we have plenty of time to I am not freakin' out just yet. Pete seems happy to be home again, he ate today for the first time since Sunday. He has such a freaky awareness of changes and upheaval.


So I got some really awesome Happy Mail today. Check this out! Whoever sent this to us knows us very well! We love chocolate in this house. A chocolate card is such a perfect gift!

So, I am not braggin just wanted to show the juxtaposition from last year to this year. Last year we drove to IN in snow and home to IA in snow and yucky weather. Today I went to the grocery wearing these.

The lack of snow will be strange but not having to scrape the windshield after church will be a nice blessing.

Gratitude: 1. Getting back in our house before today!

2. Having a fridge that works.

3. Being invited to the neighbor's for Christmas Eve dinner. She is cooking and I am not. Thank you Linda!

4.The Charlie Brown Christmas tree doesn't look too bad on the little side table. Fred is coming home with a skirt and stocking to make it all look festive.

5. All of our Christmas presents are wrapped.

6. So much more, but I have no time. I need to go find the Santa Tags that I bought and have misplaced. I have some ideas, just need to get them into my hands!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Just rub in the snow thing. We had a storm on the 24th and are supposed to get an ice storm tonight. Wondering when spring will come.

Katherine Krider Satchwill said...

Happy Christmas night, Susan. Checking email and blogs for all the good things happening in our wonderful world of friends and family far an near. Next up--lots of photos, right? special Christmas night hugs to your boys...

West Marshall said...

One of my answers to the WhooNu game that Will/Nick got Alex for his birthday was flip flops--from given choices of what makes me happiest. I shared this with the kids at school, and they think that I should keep a pair of flip flops at school to wear, especially when I am in a BAD MOOD. I think that being able to wear them all year by living in a warmer place like Texas sounds good. I'm jealous of your sandal wearing!
--Andrea