Musings of a mom who loves her boys and husband but sometimes has to
write to be heard.
Monday, December 8, 2008
DARN IT!
I forgot St. Nicholas Day AGAIN! I think that in 10 years of Nic's life I have hit about 4 celebrations of his patron saint. Why can't you people remind me? Sorry, that was uncalled for. It's my fault, all my fault. UGH!
Here's what I think--for the next ten years, Nic should remember to put out his shoes--or an empty box! Love the St. Nicolas card--and hey, there's still time to get the boys to become true femminists, light candles, serve you breakfast and celebrate St. Lucy's Day on Dec. 13! Or hey, maybe we should encourage Meg and her Little Lucy to start a National Campaign to celebrate...Have I told you lately that I LOVE your blog!!! Don't know how you do it :-) all!
I even explained to Shannen the deal with the shoes and how St. Nicholas might just have to leave a note to say you "deserve" sticks and rocks because "he" couldn't dig that deep into the snow to get them.... If you can believe it, Shannen thinks we're crazy!!! Then I explained to Natalie how, when she goes to CTK next year, she'll maybe get cookies in her shoes. Shannen then says--make sure not to step in them... then they'll be all crumbly!!!! OH MY GOODNESS. As we say here... "it's always (fill in the blank/holiday/ birthday here) until you get your last present!" Have a great week.
Hey! It's me. I finally found some time to read your blog. Sometime explain to me how St. Nicholas Day works. From reading the comments, it sounds like something is put in shoes. Andrea
seems I forgot it as well...but I did go to church on the feast of the Immaculate Conception....that means I can still claim my religion for the year.
Countdown to Christmas and not a thing bought. I guess I need lists of wishes. Mmmmm, but I am making something for Natalie. And I LOVE my family picture.
5 comments:
my mom always forgets, she even buys us stuff and forgets
Here's what I think--for the next ten years, Nic should remember to put out his shoes--or an empty box! Love the St. Nicolas card--and hey, there's still time to get the boys to become true femminists, light candles, serve you breakfast and celebrate St. Lucy's Day on Dec. 13! Or hey, maybe we should encourage Meg and her Little Lucy to start a National Campaign to celebrate...Have I told you lately that I LOVE your blog!!! Don't know how you do it :-) all!
I even explained to Shannen the deal with the shoes and how St. Nicholas might just have to leave a note to say you "deserve" sticks and rocks because "he" couldn't dig that deep into the snow to get them.... If you can believe it, Shannen thinks we're crazy!!! Then I explained to Natalie how, when she goes to CTK next year, she'll maybe get cookies in her shoes. Shannen then says--make sure not to step in them... then they'll be all crumbly!!!! OH MY GOODNESS. As we say here... "it's always (fill in the blank/holiday/ birthday here) until you get your last present!" Have a great week.
Hey! It's me. I finally found some time to read your blog. Sometime explain to me how St. Nicholas Day works. From reading the comments, it sounds like something is put in shoes.
Andrea
seems I forgot it as well...but I did go to church on the feast of the Immaculate Conception....that means I can still claim my religion for the year.
Countdown to Christmas and not a thing bought. I guess I need lists of wishes. Mmmmm, but I am making something for Natalie. And I LOVE my family picture.
Post a Comment