Saturday, December 27, 2008

Forging through...

We are slowly but surely getting moved from point a to point b. We figured last night that we have about 6 more car loads to get from the vacation house. The original recipe house, or HOME, as some might call it, is getting plenty of attention and being filled with things we love and need. I have the whole kitchen moved over but have yet to really cook too much. I need to do that today. It is slightly challenged by the lack of microwave. It seems that ours in on the fritz. It worked once but not again. The reconstruction guy is looking into a repair or possibly just replacing it. Whatever he decides I hope it is soon. You have no idea how much you use that thing until you don't have it.

My dishwasher is also broken but Fred has figured out how to make it run a normal cycle. We are waiting to hear if that will be repaired or replaced as well.

We have most of our Christmas stuff put away. I need to find a spot for my cool new digital photo frame. I have already put to use the camera case that Fred gave me and I have stored the smelly soap and good stuff that Will and Daddy chose for me. Fred is a little excited about his I-touch goggle things that make his movies all big and easy to watch so he doesn't have to squint. He also got a few shirts and an I-tunes gift card.

The boys are excited about their newest Wii games and Will is now in love with Bakugan. Santa brought him enough balls and cards to battle with his brother. He has spent a bunch of time perfecting his roll. The best Christmas present seems to be living back in the hood. Both boys have spent a good amount of time outside playing with neighbors and just moving. Will's friend from across the street got a motorized scooter and every kid on the block has seemed to enjoy that. Thankfully the boys have not asked for one of their own. They both received el basic Razor scooters this fall just because so they are set for a bit. Boys also got some clothes and books and for the first Christmas in many years there seemed to be no disappointment, just joy! YEAH!

Christmas Day we headed to the movies for a change of scenery. We saw Bedtime Stories and we all enjoyed it. We had popcorn for dinner then stopped by the vacation house for another load of stuff. Yesterday we joined some friends to go bowling and have pizza for dinner. We had a great time and totally enjoyed our time with the Crawfords. Thanks for letting us crash your party.

Big plans for today include a trip to the bank, post office, and a few more loads from the vacation house. We try to bring stuff then immediately put it away. We are going to get to the books soon and we have no good bookcases here so they will stay in boxes for the time being. We can get them when we are ready to commit boxes to stay with the books. We are reusing the ones we have over and over and at the books they will stop being usable. Gotta plan that well.

OK, off to test the two ovens by simultaneously baking two pizzas. Dear God, please let them work without incident!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow baby! Sounds like you all are wastin no time getting settled. It's probably a good idea to use the helpers you have while you have em. School will be starting again before you know it.

Now I need to plan MY visit! Tell me a good time for you darlin, I'll check my training schedue and we'll start looking for flights.

Just great to hear the joy in your voice...(words)
Mom

PS been thinking about Will and 99 cents gas...are we there yet? $1.45 in Indiana.

Sarah said...

I need to plan MY visit also, let me know when you mom goes then i will come after that... I need to make it over a weekend as our new policy would have me fired if i took a week off...

West Marshall said...

I am so happy that you were able to get into your home before the end of the year. What a great Christmas gift for all of you!
--Andrea