Will is in LOVE! Last week we made a fun trip to Chuck E Cheese with Natalie and Landry. We had a bunch of tickets and wanted to walk out with stuff not receipts that require a second trip. Natalie got a sparkle comb and a bead ring. Landry received a sucker, Nic got Pop Rocks, Will got Pop Rocks and a beaded ring too. He said he was planning to give it to a girl in his class. Today was the day. I gave the ring to him yesterday but he misplaced it. This morning he remembered... It took a minute to put his hands on it but once he did he kept it close and worked on his plan. So sometime today he gave the ring to M and she excitedly accepted. Now there are rumors throughout third grade that Will and M like like each other. No typo ther folks. Like like is an actual third grade term. Will insists that he just likes M as a good friend. A good enough friend to talk to twice after school today. He called her, great motivation for getting through homework by the way, then she called him back later. He apparently paid enough attention to the call that he added up the minutes he spent on the phone. He talked to M for almost 20 minutes he announced. So cute.
Here is a funny for Nic too, just to be fair. After you read this you may wonder how fair this is.... Nic has taken on the task of cleaning up Pete poop in the backyard. He of course it for the $1 but hey, who am I to judge. Well, today was the day and he got busy in the backyard. He hollared in that the bucket had no liner so I trotted out with a target bag and he kept working away. A few minutes later he came in after a second bag. I questioned him about what happened to the first bag? Did it break? His answer... "Well, yeah. I was swinging it around and it ripped. I promise I'll clean it all up." It seems that the boy was whipping it around and somewhere between the back yard and the trash can on the driveway it tore open. Yep, poop on the drive. He wanted to hose it off for me but I told him it will wear away, no need to waste the water.
LOTS of subs at the crispy house today. Drywall texture, paint, framers, electrical and maybe even an inspection at some point. If not today then definitely tomorrow. I went up twice to check on progress and take some pictures. I have an assignment of finding lighting replacements for a few room. I headed to Lowes with mixed reviews and then after lunch went to Home Depot and found some better options. There are many large fixtures that need to be rehung and they are all hoping that they work. I am hoping that for some reason they don't. They are nice enough but they have a strange finish to them. I can not seem to find a match. Not sure that I want to.

So I came up with a few options. Feel free to chime in.
Sconces for the media room.

Celing fan for media room and my scrap space/game room.

Ceiling fan for three upstairs bed rooms.

Possible globe fixure. Not sure that it meets the specs.

Another possibility.
I need to have Fred chime in then present my finding to the contractors. Once they get the painting done and rehang the larger fixtures I will know if I get to shop some more.
OK, this is the best part of my day. A nice warm mug of spiced apple juice. It wouldn't have happened without the diligence of BFF Denise and LOTS of muscle and some sharp knives used on the bottle of juice. The boys and I all tried our darndest to get into the Motts and it was just not ready to be consumed. We convinced it otherwise. YUMMO!
No comments:
Post a Comment