Now for the babble...
Oh my gosh so much to talk about tonight. First of all according to my super cool Oregon Scientific Thermometer mounted on the boys' play set it is a brisk -2.9 degrees outside. If only we had a windometer (i know that isn't a real word but you know what I mean) to see what the windchill is. It was a VERY windy day today. I had to work very hard holding the van/school bus on the road when I took S to work today. I did a great job with the van but the school bus tripod thing that is magnetized to the top of the van is no more. It flew off the roof on our way home today. S offered to get out and go get it from the median but I saw it land and it was toast. Not to mention I would probably open myself up to a lawsuit if I let the kid run across the highway in a freezing windstorm. Ya think? So I have now had one accident, and have broken two school bus tripods. When do think I'll get that pink slip? I am sure that there are many employees who do great work and never damage school property. Why can't I be one of them? I am starting to think I am a bit cursed. I suppose I should have forwarded that magical novena ancient chines secret e-mail Aunt Kathy sent last October. Instead of good luck for forwarding to 7 friends I am cursed for seven months.
Back to that wind storm. We had some horizontal snow this afternoon and even got out of school early. It made for a nice quiet afternoon. We had early out yesterday too so we enjoyed two long afternoons. So I was ready to hunker down and bake something today. Yesterday I did laundry so today was a good day to make brownies. How is it then that I was out of brownie mix? My pal Vicki suggested I make then from scratch. What was she thinking? Anyhow I don't have cocoa unless you can make brownies with Nestle Quik. I have about 6 cake mixes and some chocolate mousse mix but that was not what I wanted. However, I was not going out just for brownie mix, had to draw the line somewhere... I made chocolate chip cookies instead. Problem solved! I will buy brownie mix and some canned pumpkin tomorrow when I go to the store to work with K. I can use up some cake mixes making pumpkin muffins but I need pumpkin.
So the wind did a number on the trash that all the neighbors set out today. I did my best putting my trash in place with the mailbox to keep it from falling. When we got home the trashcan was half way up the driveway and our recycling tub had disappeared. Generally I can find it in a ditch or the neighbors yard. Not today. I think it may have made it to Newton or maybe even Missouri. Guess I need to find a new one. There is a chance it is lodged in the tree line but I was afraid to send the boys out to look for it (they have snow pants and I don't.) I was afraid that they might blow away. I just have to say that I am VERY glad that we have the dog on a tie out. He would have been airborne for sure!
I had a great time at Stamp Club last night. The lady who hosts us, Carolyn, was a little too excited about our projects. I thought they were cute but she was over the top about it. She was showing us how to do the projects in steps then would reveal the final product with a huge grin. Then she went right into the next project while passing out materials for the first project. If I have materials I am going to get busy. I never am doing just one thing. I multitask. It is who I am. Well, apparently Carolyn doesn't like that. She got a little snippy and told us all to put down our tools and look at her. Well, OK. I got through it. Made my stuff, placed my order and ran. Until next month. Here is a look at two of the three projects. The third one is unbelievable a pain to make and won't photograph well. I will never make that one again. Not sure that I will repeat the other two either but you never know... The red one holds a Dum Dum sucker and the purple one holds a pack of SweetTarts or something else that size like M&M's or the like.
So one more funny then I am going to read and sip my warm apple juice. Too bad I don't have any pumpkin muffins to go with it.
Sunday I call Jen to connect after a week of missing each other. She and her family are cleaning up from dinner but she is nice enough to chat with me through the mayhem. Natalie and Landry are playing with a bouncy ball, she is cleaning the crock pot and Shannen is likely stowing the leftovers. After Jen and I chat a bit she asked Natalie if she wants to talk on the phone. She says yes and we carry on a perfectly delightful conversation. She tells me the secret ingredient in her brownies (chocolate chips) we talk about Landry and other stuff. We say our goodbyes, love you, all the good stuff. She is obviously handing the phone back to Jen and I hear her say, "Mommy, who was that that I was talking to?" Too flippin cute!!! I love that girl! That is why I am sharing this cute pic of her from Christmas. And although Landry and I did not talk I will add a picture of him because he is cute and one and walking around like a champ according to Natalie.
3 comments:
I watched them yesterday from 1-6... She wasnt in the best mood but we delt with it... She was yelling at him and hitting him! Every time i turned my back! I asked her is she thougth Aunt Susan and Mommy were mean to each other and she said no so i let her go with it and think that...But she didnt hit him again after that. She didnt even say HI to Shannen when he walked in just "Dinner" i guess she was hungry? She unzipped his coat! I guess she wanted him to stay and landry was just so happy to see his DADDA! They are so flippin cute and i think she needs to send out some new pics of them! His new hair cut makes him look like the littlest man ever made so cute! OK I could go on for ever about those two. Every time I look at Landry now I see will the face and smile!:)
here is my "bad weather story": went to CTK last night for MOMS. About a half hour in, the cell phones start going off-apparently a tornado WARNING in the area. So we gather up our wine glasses and head downstairs--ended up in the vending room--all 10 of us. ANyway, the lights go out, the storm rages on and finally after sitting around and talking about "stress", our topic of the week, we decide our kids and husbands need us home and we can just read the stuff in the book and come back next week. I called Shannen on my way out--just a little rain at our house! Anyway-CTK has no school today. Apparently too cold/no electricity, something. It is now 12, so I can understand it might be a bit chilly for the kids. OK. That's my story. Have a great day.
what fun pictures I love them!
Post a Comment