
Today was a good day! Aside from the frigid temperature that is. The girls and I ordered pizza for lunch since the idea of a pancake on a stick just isn't right. The drive to work with S was a bit rough but we survived getting there and back and he worked like a champ today stacking 24 piles of metal. His all time best is 25 so 24 is great!
After work I picked up the pizza and headed back to school for a mellow lunch in the classroom. After lunch I headed across to the nursing home to donate blood. I have been turned down more lately than have successfully given but today was my lucky day. My iron was 38, my temp was normal and I gave an awesome pint in near record time. Yeah me!
After the donation I took K to work then headed to fill my van at the elementary. The boys and a few friends joined me for our second Pokemon League event at the library. We had a special guest of a student at the HS who is going to volunteer to mentor the kids in the art of Pokemon battle. He was really great with the kids today and was thrilled to get volunteer hours and a couple of card packs. All is good.
After Pokemon we headed home to enjoy a hot dinner of tacos. After that the boys had some down time then Religious Ed. They are both feeling a little under the weather so I gave them some Benadryl to help them breath easier while they sleep. Hopefully tomorrow we will all wake up happy and well rested and not frozen. The wind chill is supposed to get down to -20. Maybe someone should call us tomorrow and make sure we are not frozen.
Sleep tight!
No comments:
Post a Comment