
We were all REALLY tired this morning but we had to get up and out! The boys have been BEGGING to stay up all night some time. The weekends are too short for this to take place during the school year so I supposedly PROMISED that they could do it over Christmas Break. Well, we are almost done with break and they just had to stay up so last night was the night. They lasted till 1:45 and put themselves to bed. Fred and I only went to bed 30 minutes before them so when the alarm went off at 8:45 it was way to early for all of us. Thus I hit snooze a few times.
We had to get out of our house for a bit today and needed to go to Des Moines to do the last of our Christmas returns and exchanges. We left around 10:45 and got out errands done by 2:30. We were already in Des Moines so we decided to take advantage of our membership and spend a little time at the Science Center. They were wrapping up some sort of Lego Tournament that I had forgotten about. Nic was a little bummed. We were able to check out the Grossology exhibit. It was all about burps and farts and poo so the boys obviously had LOTS of fun! Will's favorite part was sliding down the esophagus to the stomach and Nic enjoyed shooting bacteria up a nose with a air cannon type thing.
We then headed home and ate a yummy supper. The boys are now downstairs playing new PS2 games they bought at Game Stop today. I am about ready to go do some laundry and make some prototype cards for the card gathering I am hosting at church next month. I also need to write a blurb for the bulletin. Haven't done that in a while. Better sharpen my pencil and make sure I have a fresh eraser.
Oh yeah, must mention how much FUN we had last night. I had the ladies from work over. One brought her husband and daughter and the rest came alone. The kids ran wild in the basement and we ate, drank, laughed and were merry. I bought the game Apples to Apples with some of my Christmas money. We had played the game at the Culps house over Christmas break and it was fun! I think the ladies and even Pete and Fred had fun too. I know I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment