
I just have to tell you how happy I am that this week is over! It has been a doosy. I had a tough migraine yesterday. I am considering giving up Coke for lent. This is big but not as big as dying on the cross, so it really should be quite easy. Well, I tried going without my mid-day Coke yesterday and that totally backfired. I am absolutely addicted to the caffine and I am not happy about that. I think I need to wean myself off over the next 10 days before Ash Wednesday. I think my sister has done this, any tips Jen? Please share.
It is countdown to baby time too. Andy and Sara are due in just a few weeks. They have not found out what they are having so we are all the more anxious. Such a blessing to a great couple. Good luck guys and look for the nesting to kick in soon if not already.
Back to me. Guess what? My house is soooo quiet. It's just me and the needy dog here right now. Both boys went to a birthday party after school so it is strangely quiet here. Fred is on his way home and we are planning to go out for a nice hot meal in Ames. I have to go back there tomorrow morning EARLY but the thought of a hot meal made by someone else and not having to do the dishes makes it OK to make the trip twice in about 15 hours.
Nic and I are headed that way tomorrow so he can take the ACT Explore test. This is a test, generally given to eighth graders, to check academic progress. Since Nic did so well on the Iowa Tests last year, and probably just as well over the last week, we thought we'd up the ante and see how he does. I just know he'll have the circle thing down pat. He is so sick of it already since they have been taking ITBS all week but it is just three more hours. No one is going to die from filling in a few more bubbles. I keep telling him that.
Well, I am going to get myself together for my date. More to share tomorrow I'm sure.
1 comment:
I gave it up cold turkey-no headaches or anything, just got sick of lemonade and water...
Shannen gave it up years ago and got bad headaches... obviously got over it (maybe it was the beer that helped him).
Post a Comment