I did it! I caucused last night. It was a learning experience and I am glad I took part. First and foremost I had to declare a party last night. You caucus by party so my NO PREFERENCE card was just not good enough to get me in. Once I picked my party I went into the "official" caucus room. Doors were closed shortly after 7 and 126 of us decided the fate of the 11 delegates from our precinct. The hat/envelope was passed as were a couple of items for the platform. It was all good. I was home by 8:30 to watch TV that was then constantly interrupted by Caucus 2008 Up-dates.
Today we have gotten the house into further order. I took down the tree and dropped it into it's box. Can't close the box but Fred knows the trick so I'll let him handle that later. We are having guests over in a short bit for pizza and game playing. I have wanted to do this for a LONG time and tonight is the night. I ordered Bailey's and everyone else is bringing snacks. Hopefully no one will be hankering for a beer since we have none. I did go spend some of my Christmas money on the game Apples to Apples. We have a pretty diverse crowd, all native Iowans, and it should be a fun night! Kids in the basement, adults upstairs let's hope that's how it goes!
I will do my best to upload some pics from Christmas soon. I have not even taken my camera out of the bag from IN.
1 comment:
Now that you think you are an Iowan (never knew what those people were called--never cared, I guess), you'll probably not even be there for the election! Maybe you'll be in Pres. Bush's home state AKA COWBOY'S COUNTRY!!!!
Enjoy your weekend--school is IN session!!! (YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Post a Comment