Sunday, January 27, 2008

Super Saturday and Sunday


Well, Nic survived the Explore Test. He mentioned that it was hard and there was plenty that he did not know. I am OK with that since it is a test for 8th graders. There were about 35 kids at Ames Middle School taking the test. Nic noted a dozen 4th graders in his room and the rest of the 5th and 6th graders were in another room. While he was testing I ran to Target, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's and Panera. I still got done plenty early so went back to the middle school and read while I sipped my hot chocolate from Panera. YUM!


After the test Nic wanted Taco Bell for lunch. I had found the Taco Bell on my trek from one end of town to the other so I knew exactly where to go. We took care of that then made one more stop at McD's to get lunch for the home team.


The afternoon was full of a nap for me, gaming for the boys and daddy spent many hours cleaning up in Will's room. It was necessary. VERY NECESSARY! I also got to chat with my pal Kirste. It was so great to catch up and hear her happy voice!


I got myself up and moving in time to make it to 5:00 Mass and order Bailey's for dinner. YUM! We enjoyed the new and improved Miss America Pageant last night then watched the return of Paige Davis on Trading Spaces. I love TLC.


This morning we moved rather slowly and enjoyed the quiet. Love quiet with warm sheets and a totally comfortable pillow. Can't get better than that.


This afternoon we had some of Will's classmates over while their mom went to a meeting. I started the first of MANY loads of laundry and caught up on some e-mail reading. Taking the nap yesterday but me behind but way ahead in the happiness category. It was all worth it.


The good news is that tomorrow we have a short day at school. The teachers have in-service so we are released at 1PM. Nic is having a friend over and I will continue to work on laundry. Always have laundry. I also have stamp club tomorrow night and Fred has worked really hard at making himself available to spend the evening with the boys. I will try to show you what cool stuff I create on Tuesday!

No comments: